Application & Interview prep

NOGUFFCHET

Howdy all,

I've decided to apply for a couple Majors and want to use a consulting service for application review and interview prep. Can anyone suggest one they like more than others? So far I am looking at Spitifire and Checked and Set, but would love input from y'all about those or others. I live NW of Seattle, so Alaska and Delta will be my main focus.

My advice is:

1. Never sound prepped. I'm actually anti-prep.
2. LISSSSSTEN THE QUEEEEEESTION BEING ASKED! As in, don't assume what the interviewer is asking, interrupt them and then embark on answering what you think they're asking. For the love of David Hasselhoff, DO NOT DO THIS.
3. Never use jargon that doesn't pertain to your current job ("Redcoats? United's got redcoats? What's a redcoat?")
4. Look at #2
5. Look at #1

My advice is:

2. LISSSSSTEN THE QUEEEEEESTION BEING ASKED! As in, don't assume what the interviewer is asking, interrupt them and then embark on answering what you think they're asking. For the love of David Hasselhoff, DO NOT DO THIS.
3. Never use jargon that doesn't pertain to your current job ("Redcoats? United's got redcoats? What's a redcoat?")
4. Look at #2
5. Look at #1
Canned answers = canned ass

Think twice, answer once

Let them hire you ;)

Also, if you take off your coat for the HR/pilot portion, don’t drink the water off the table.

If you leave it on, drink a water, but only the one from the middle…leave the triangle intact.

Heard these things from “inside sauces”

Also, if you take off your coat for the HR/pilot portion, don’t drink the water off the table.

If you leave it on, drink a water, but only the one from the middle…leave the triangle intact.

That's way too complicated. No wonder I belong at tier ii carriers.

Sounds like it would be easier to just pee in the parking lot*

*this actually happened.

Rainier for Alaska, dealers choice for Delta. My buddy works for Spitfire, and they have done pretty well lately. I agree with derg, it is a cottage industry that might make you sound like a robot if you are already a robot. There is nothing in the interview that a normal human couldn’t respond correctly to, but if you want the peace of mind, those would be my recs

Oh, and don't drop names of anyone other than another line pilot. Never admin, never executives, etc.

Large corporations are a mishmash of political lines (not like national, but like company-wide), loyalties, tribes, circles and divisional warlords of sorts.

You can literally have the system chief pilot walk you into the office and, at absolute best, it will be neutral.

My advice is:

4. Look at #2
5. Look at #1

Tell me you take part in interviews without telling me you take part in interviews…

The best thing I ever did was volunteer to interview pilots at a past job. I learned sooooo much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is:

4. Look at #2
5. Look at #1
For me, it was worth it. I used my own stories and background, the prep just helped pull it out in a digestible, concise manner. Without it, I would have stumbled and rambled on too long.

I used Raven for Mean Green and again later for SJI and they were spot on for both. Total opposite of canned, and taught me a great deal about using my own stories to direct the conversation. The increased confidence from feeling prepared thanks to good prep is worth it alone. Some of my friends used Spitfire and Emerald Coast and were equally happy. In the end all of these companies know what they're doing and have proven track records. Everyone will recommend the one they used if the interview is successful. I would arrange a consultation with all of them, their vibes can be quite a bit different so pick the one that fits your personality the best.

“One time I provided great customer service by pushing a wheelchair passenger up the jetbridge when the wheelchair pusher didn’t show up. THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. MY AIRLINE SUCKS, PLEASE HIRE ME BECAUSE I JUST HATE MY AIRLINE!!!!”

Back