"applicant should meet the following requirements"

Blip16

so if that line is in a job posting, and i don't meet the requirements, do i waste my time and theirs applying or not? knowing this compnay and how they operate usually they upgrade from within so this makes me guess that the current employees don't meet the times either

btw: job has been posted for 1 month now and the "requirements" are

2000TT, 1000ME, 250 Turbine

no turbine, and about 1/2 the multi they want. that is why i hadn't applied a month ago.

it is a B200/C90 captain job

Hmmm, that might be well below their insurance requirements. Always worth a phone call to express your interest in BECOMING a competitive applicant, though! Also make sure to check the pay rates for that airframe in case they see your low time as an opportunity to low-ball you.

Good luck!

"Should" is not an absolute, so maybe they are listing their "competitive" mins. In this case what do you have to lose.

If they say "must", it may be an insurance requirement and it would be better not to apply.

At anyrate, with zero turbine time this is not the market to get your hopes up. Good luck

Hmmm, that might be well below their insurance requirements. Always worth a phone call to express your interest in BECOMING a competitive applicant, though! Also make sure to check the pay rates for that airframe in case they see your low time as an opportunity to low-ball you.

Good luck!
maybe it is too early, and my brain isn't working, but how would ask or inquire that? also how do i check to see what others are paying for flying around a b200?

maybe it is too early, and my brain isn't working, but how would ask or inquire that? also how do i check to see what others are paying for flying around a b200?

You should subscribe (free) to Professional Pilot magazine - they have a salary survey every year and publish results in one of the issues. Quote from another forum:

"I have the June 2006 issue of "Professional Pilot" right next to me and it happens to have the annual corporate pilot pay study.

B-200 Captains are listed with an average salary of $57k with a lowof $41k and high of $69k respectively. For a "corporate" position (I imagine this is a part 91 department)

On the Charter side, FO pay ranges from $28k on the low to $47k being high and an average of $33k per year. Captains are making anywhere from $39k to $62k with an average of $51k."

this would be a charter gig i think, it could also be air ambulance, but i am guessing Charter. they usually have FO's through a 1 year unpaid internship, doh!

this is the posting, but i am short on everything, if i had the 2000TT i would probably just submit an app, but i am 300 short there, and 500 short on the multi. i probably won't apply, i might inquire though

King Air Captain - 10/15/08
Department: Flight Operations
X is hiring a Part 135 King Air Captain to fly King Air B200 and C90A aircraft.
Qualified Candidates Should Meet the Following Requirements:

• ATP Rating Preferred
  • Must meet 135 PIC minimums
  • 2,000 Hours Total Time
  • 1,000 Hours Multi-engine Time
  • 250 Hours Turbine Time
Hours: 40 Hour week

I would look around for a Pt 135 SIC slot to boost your Multi and Turbine time. You certainly have the hours for that.

Jumping straight into a Captain position in a King Air would be quite a challenge. What multi-engine airplanes have you flown so far?

just the seminole and seneca. I would honestly love to apply for this job, but i don't think i meet the time to even been a little competitive. Turbine time is about impossible to come by unless you fly for an airline, which honestly i won't do

just the seminole and seneca. I would honestly love to apply for this job, but i don't think i meet the time to even been a little competitive. Turbine time is about impossible to come by unless you fly for an airline, which honestly i won't do

I hear you brother ---- I'd still encourage you to contact them and express your interest. By asking them what kind of qualities and experience they like to see in their pilots, they will have a hard time denying you a position down the road if you did everything they told you to do.

I hear you brother ---- I'd still encourage you to contact them and express your interest. By asking them what kind of qualities and experience they like to see in their pilots, they will have a hard time denying you a position down the road if you did everything they told you to do.

:yeahthat: This is excellent advice. Can be applied to any position one wants, even if it's non-flying.

Theres a big difference in insurance between a Seneca and a -200. The 200 is 100 pounds over 3 times the Seneca's max weight.

You'll never know if you dont apply though. At a mininum, like another poster mentioned, walk your resume in, introduce yourself, find out what it will take for you to become competitive and try again in six months when you have the time.

Theres a big difference in insurance between a Seneca and a -200. The 200 is 100 pounds over 3 times the Seneca's max weight.

You'll never know if you dont apply though. At a mininum, like another poster mentioned, walk your resume in, introduce yourself, find out what it will take for you to become competitive and try again in six months when you have the time.
i understand that, just citing an example about their insurance, thats all. i will probably fill out the app and send it in anyway.

Back