AOPA Expo

SkyGirl

Hey,

Im new to Jetcareers and relatively new to the aviation world. I haven't found any other discussions about the AOPA expo and am wondering what you have to say about it.

Happy Flying!

I went last year in Palm Springs.... it was pretty much a bunch of old guys talking about flying; my kinda thing
grin.gif

The seminars were really good; ASF had some outstanding ones; also got to see Barry Schiff (very cool guy), and Rod Machado's usual good humor.

LOTS of airplanes on display, lots of people trying to sell you stuff; in the end I'm very glad I went.

Everyone come to the PHL area for the AOPA Expo! It looks like a good event to go to; there's classes, exhibits, I got some thing in the mail describing it. I guess any AOPA member gets it.

You can fly into PNE, TTN, DYL, LOM, PHL itself, ILG, N99, and more airports.

The Philadelphia Convention center is a nice facility, and there's good spotting to be done on Hog Island Road at PHL final approach to 27R.

I wish I was in my area in November because I'd definitely go. But I'll be up at school in NH. Maybe I can fly home for it.

Nick

My girlfriend and I plan on flying to Philadelphia for it. I had been talking about going and she was like "ya ya ya." I then showed her a schedule of events and right away she decided that it would be well worth the trip. Can't wait for November!

we will most likley pop in and visit it is an easy trip from northern Nj to Philly, if it stinks we will not stay. I went to the one in Acity a few years ago, it was ok, but I did noit have time for any of the seminars.

[ QUOTE ]
and Rod Machado's usual good humor.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is a very good instructor, I would love to meet him.

How About a breakfast for JC'ers at the AOPA Expo? You west coast guys get Las Vegas.

[ QUOTE ]
How About a breakfast for JC'ers at the AOPA Expo? You west coast guys get Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this idea...what/where/when were you thinking?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, some of us here on the east coast get Vegas, too.

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...also got to see Barry Schiff (very cool guy)... .

[/ QUOTE ]

I seen him on the Flying VHS Tapes when they were produced way back in 1987! He was showing how easy it was to make the transition from a multi engine to a Lear 35A.

Back