For Sale Anywhere map on dell axim pda

USMC-SSGT

Christmas special!

I bought anywhere map on a dell axim x51v a little over a year ago when I was flying non gps airplanes and no longer have use for it. For work I obviously have gps and my airplane has gps installed as well so unfortunately this unit is just collecting dust.

I have anywhere map and pocket plates installed (approach plates for entire US)

comes with wireless bluetooth GPS and yoke mount and carrying case

as a bonus I will throw in a backup battery with integrated ciggarette plug if the rentals you fly do not have a cigarette lighter plug. The battery will power the GPS for over 6 hours.

The pda is going for mid 100's on ebay and I have over 1000 invested in the entire package. Make me an offer, no reasonable offer will be refused.

(I consider under $150.00 to not be reasonable given that the pda alone is going for that on ebay)

PM or just post and highest bidder over the next few days gets it.

I have pictures if youd like but you are best off looking at www.anywheremap.com or googling the dell axim pda. The entire unit is in mint flawless condition.

navboard.jpg
disregard the stupid yellow thing, that is some item that anywheremap offers as an optional kneeboard

This is a killer deal, folks. I have the AWM ATC now. And I've considered going with something like the Dell before. It's an AWESOME GPS solution.

Do not pass this up.

Hell - if no one picks it up drop me a PM...I'd be willing to pick up a secondary just for the hell of it at that price.

Thanks for the good word Killbilly.

We have our first offer (not killbilly) for $160.00 from someone who I will leave anonymous. Its going to highest bidder in a day or so. I will guarantee its condition and working order satisfaction guaranteed or money back.

How's their policy on updates/upgrades to a non-first owner, any idea ? Do you have any kind of subscription that transfers with it ?

I do not have a transferring subscription. When I bought it I updated it every month for the first few months and then since I started using it less and less (planes had GPS) and I was flying VFR I decided just not to update it since it was simply for situational awareness for me.

The 12 month subscription that came with it is no longer valid. You would have the option of renewing (which AWM would have no problem doing) for around 100 bucks or doing just what I did...not renew it and use it for situational awareness as a backup to your normal navigation. The amount of changes are typically so small that they do not affect a VFR pilot so I did not bother.

I have no experience using a setup like this and am curious about it. Does it show terrain and weather like the pictures on the site show it does?

It does show terrrain however weather like all GPS's is an option that requires extra hardware and a monthly subscription which I never bought.

You can buy subscription updates from AnywhereMap - they're really cool about that. In fact, I think $350 or so gets you lifetime updates. At least an annual subscription is worth having, because they come out with updates FREQUENTLY. They are constantly fixing bugs, introducing you new features and functions.

As for weather, if you have a WxWorks box and XM subscription, you should be able to bolt that on to this unit. However, I don't know if you need a different software load. On my ATC, the software version refers to the ".wx" version. I don't know if you'd need a different master software load on the Axim version or not (it's a different sw load.) But you can call Control Vision and ask. They're super nice. :)

Control vision is really great about that stuff as I had many questions when I was deciding what to buy and then when I made the decision to buy.

anyone....?

UPDATE: I have a tentative offer that is conditional on waiting towards the end of the month so lets say around just after Xmas for the closing of this sale unless of course a "reserve/buy it now" is reached.

I have not set those prices yet but they are VERY low so if you have an offer let me know and I will certainly entertain it. As of now just after Xmas it is out the door for the only offer of $160.00 so $165.00...and you would be the new leader.

In january I will be using my X51 for 3 years. It is bullet proof. I keep record of all my billing and also my logbook on it (using excel). It also does email etc. It really is a good unit. I also use it to play music like an ipod. Seriously, it gets used 3-4 hours a day 5 days a week.

I am tempted to buy it just for the PDA. This really is a killer deal.

Hopefully it will find a good home, there has been alot of interest and everyone recognizes it is a good deal but really no offers yet......its the perfect time of year to buy yourself a xmas present.

That backup battery with the cigarette lighter adapter suddenly caught my eye. Where did you find that? I fly a 172 that doesn't have a cigarette lighter power jack in it, and that would be a perfect solution for my Anywheremap ATC (Which if I hadn't just bought a few weeks ago, I'd be all over this deal too).

That backup battery with the cigarette lighter adapter suddenly caught my eye. Where did you find that? I fly a 172 that doesn't have a cigarette lighter power jack in it, and that would be a perfect solution for my Anywheremap ATC (Which if I hadn't just bought a few weeks ago, I'd be all over this deal too).

Control Vision has a 30-day return policy, I think. If you're under 30 days, why not send back your ATC and get this one?

I like the ATC, and it's cool, but it does have a few quirks. The PDA-versions of AWM are far more mature with fewer bugs.

funny you should ask....
142bsm.jpg

I bought it from www.marvgolden.com and it cost 99.00

I have over 1000 invested in this anywhere map system. The backup battery last for around 6 hours+ while running anywhere map.

Control Vision has a 30-day return policy, I think. If you're under 30 days, why not send back your ATC and get this one?

I like the ATC, and it's cool, but it does have a few quirks. The PDA-versions of AWM are far more mature with fewer bugs.

I have faith in the ATC, even with its bugs. With all the software updates that are continuously coming out for it, I believe it'll shape into a great VFR GPS.

In other words, I'm just plain happy with what I have now after the months of research I did for it. :D

Cheers!

Andy

Back