Anyone using Jeppview?

Zero1Niner

Just curious if anyone if using Jeppview, and if the charts that you print are the same as the pre printed Jep Charts. I have heard somewhere that the enroute charts are not the same. How are they different? How is the quality of the printout for the charts (both enroute and approach)?

ive never printed enroute charts, but as for approach plates they are the same thing. i actually just use jepview now and just order the enroute charts fro jep. its probably a pain to print out the enroute charts. but im sure if you use enough paper they will also look thesame

The approach plates are the same, and are an excellent printout, so long as you have a decent printer. It's nice to be able to print a new one if you lost your ILS plate to podunk corners. If you regularly carry a LOT of approaches it could be a pain (big binder) unless you start using some thinner paper. Another disadvantage, of course, is that you only have the charts that you decide to print out, not a whole book like the TPP.

I have not really used the printed enroute charts, though I think they are *slightly* different from the ones that come in the airway manuals (my school keeps a couple current sets of the enroute charts around). I can get a closer look when I go in to work tomorrow. Hurray for a 4 hour dead spot in the middle of my day.

Thanks guys. I wish Jeppview had a demo or something that I could check out. Could one of you guys send me a PDF of both an enroute chart and approach plate so I can compare? Somthing in socal would be perfect.

Thanks!

I love Jeppview; it prints out great charts. According to my company, Jeppesen is discontinuing the Jeppview product and going to something else. Anyone else hear that?

Thanks guys. I wish Jeppview had a demo or something that I could check out. Could one of you guys send me a PDF of both an enroute chart and approach plate so I can compare? Somthing in socal would be perfect.

Thanks!

Since my current disc is outdated, I can't access the program; otherwise I'd send it to you. I'll have to try to get a new disc.

We use EFBs and JeppView. I love it, all we carry on the airplane are the two EFBs, and enroute charts. We print out our destination and alternate (if applicable) charts (our home airport charts are somehwere in the airplane :p). JeppView gives you many options on how to print out your charts, I print them two per page makes for a nice little flip book.

Sorry, can't do...it won't make a PDF. At least not that I can figure out (makes sense though-copyright and all that).

Sorry, can't do...it won't make a PDF. At least not that I can figure out (makes sense though-copyright and all that).

Yes, you can. Download and install the print driver "pdf995" (google it). Then when you go to "print" your charts, select the pdf995 "printer" and it will create a .pdf ;)

When you order JeppView you get an enroute binder full of enroute charts for the coverage area you order, so you don't need to print enroute charts. In fact, Jepp doesn't want you to. The printed charts (enroute) don't have all of the info that the paper enroutes do.

The approache charts are the same though.

Just get yourself an EFB and carry that and your enroute binder.

100000000000000x better than NOS and probably that much better than paper jepps too.

-mini

I love Jeppview; it prints out great charts. According to my company, Jeppesen is discontinuing the Jeppview product and going to something else. Anyone else hear that?

Nope, wont happen. Reason: they use jeppview as the updater for "chartview" for multi function displays as well as electronic flight bags.

Jeppview really isnt set up to print enroute charts. It has the enroute charts, but again, this is to update chartview. they send you paper enroute charts with the subscription.

When you order JeppView you get an enroute binder full of enroute charts for the coverage area you order, so you don't need to print enroute charts. In fact, Jepp doesn't want you to. The printed charts (enroute) don't have all of the info that the paper enroutes do.

The approache charts are the same though.

Just get yourself an EFB and carry that and your enroute binder.

100000000000000x better than NOS and probably that much better than paper jepps too.

-mini
have a good recommendation for a half reasonably priced EFB?

have a good recommendation for a half reasonably priced EFB?

Fujitsu P1610 tablet PC. Get that with the Garmin 10x GPS (bluetooth) and it will geo-ref your position on the approach, airport diagram and enroute charts (SID and STARs are not to scale, so not geo-ref'd).

I got mine (including NavSuite N. America w/ CONUS Jeppview) for under $3k.

Don't forget a "bump case" and a screen protector. It cuts down the glare.

Drop me a PM if you have any more questions on the unit. Been using it for a while and love it. If I could only get the company to go to them. ...of course, with the way things are now just getting charts could be an interesting task.

-mini

Fujitsu P1610 tablet PC. Get that with the Garmin 10x GPS (bluetooth) and it will geo-ref your position on the approach, airport diagram and enroute charts (SID and STARs are not to scale, so not geo-ref'd).

I got mine (including NavSuite N. America w/ CONUS Jeppview) for under $3k.

Don't forget a "bump case" and a screen protector. It cuts down the glare.

Drop me a PM if you have any more questions on the unit. Been using it for a while and love it. If I could only get the company to go to them. ...of course, with the way things are now just getting charts could be an interesting task.

-mini
eeek, that isn't cheap! i guess for all the stuff you have it isn't bad, but wow!

how do you fly with that setup, where does the tablet pc go?

Back