Anyone Skydive?

averyrm

Well I've started flying with a Parachuting operation nearby and was wondering if anyone here has taken "the plunge."

I'm considering trying it out as I get my first jump free and any others for a reduced rate. (sounds kinda like crack, doesn't it?) However, I'm not so sure about the jumping out of a good airplane and such and the reasons I'd do it would mostly be training. This way I could learn what it feels like on the other end of the strut and I thought it'd be good training in case (heaven forbid) I might have to jump out of the Decathalon.

Just looking for anyone else's experience here, thought it might be good for storytime
wink.gif

I paid good money to fly one. Why in the hell would I wanna jump out of a perfectly good one???
wink.gif

I skydive quite a bit here in Colorado, I've been jumbing for over 12 years. It really is a huge adrenalin rush. If you haven't tried it before I recommend you do. If you do jumb,
smile.gif
post what is was like!

I jumped once and my chute didn't open. Neither did my reserve.

I hit the ground at 190 mph. I'm alright though, really, I'm fine. Just a little bruise on my elbow.

Your first few jumbs are always night water jumps.

Your eyes are closed and you piss your pants!
grin.gif

(very old skydiving joke)

[ QUOTE ]
Your first few jumbs are always night water jumps.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT is a JUMB????!!!!

I think this is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better

napali98por-1.jpg

IMG0014.jpg

dnlp.gif

andy_1_hand.jpg

NOW THIS WOULD BE COOL

hand-para200.jpg

I think thats enough for one day

Back