Anyone remember Mid-Atlantic Freight?

wantfrieswiththat

Just curious if anyone on here has flown for, or remembers Mid-Atlantic Freight out of Greensboro NC? They merged with, or were bought (or something like that) by Martinaire a few years ago.

I worked there for 3 years and was the chief pilot for a time way back in 1997. Nothing but fond memories of being a freight dawg in the Caravan. :)

I got all my ratings in the GSO area, and stopped in Atlantic Aero GSO alot. I do remember seeing the logo on the side of the building, and few Caravans back in the day.

Even thought about applying when i had the hours-but back then i had just got my IFR rating, and was no-where near 135 mins.

I flew N1041L this morning, does that tail number ring a bell? It has "Mid Atlantic" still visible on the side of the fuselage. I'm flying it between PDX and EUG this week.

I flew N1041L this morning, does that tail number ring a bell? It has "Mid Atlantic" still visible on the side of the fuselage. I'm flying it between PDX and EUG this week.

Lucky.... I am jealous that you get to fly that route.... I love flying in oregon and to top it off I would enjoy flying between those cities.

Wow! I had to join this site , just to chime-in on this one!

I worked for Mid-Atlantic for about a year in 1990-91. We used the "Nightship" callsign then.

I lived and flew out of LAS to ONT in a C208B five nights a week. Living in Vegas was a trip. Never been there, then one day I'm living there. Could not have felt stranger if I'd been plucked off the planet by a UFO and deposited in another world!

I was really enjoying myself in LAS, living in a crappy $85 a week pad near the Scenic terminal. (Right across from the Tropicana.)

The run crapped-out and the company moved me to Santa Maria, CA.
I flew a run out of SMX to SBA, Oxnard and into LAX every night, Monday through Friday night. Thank God the company was paying to put me up at a hotel near LAX, cuz I was living out of my car in Santa Maria!

About six or seven months of car-camping (Job paid 18k) and I was ready to move back to DEN (at least for a while) to move back in with my rich GF.

That contentment in the Mile-High city wore off, and I hit the road again.

Back through my homestate of WI to fly out of MKE for a year.

Got back on with a FedEx Feeder (CSA) 15 and a half years ago, and been happy (mostly) in SD every since.

Lots of great memories from the Mid-Atlantic days. Hope all those people I met along the way are doing well.:D -michael

Oh wow, good times! I flew N1041L and N1058N SAV-CAE for a year (UPS), back in 1995-1996. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back