Anyone looking to build Multi time???

shooter13

Saw this on Ebay during a really slow day at work. Thought I would post it for anyone interested. I don't know that this is such a deal. I think it would all have to be logged as dual received???

web page

[ QUOTE ]
Saw this on Ebay during a really slow day at work. Thought I would post it for anyone interested. I don't know that this is such a deal. I think it would all have to be logged as dual received???

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't seem like that great of a deal. This person is definately getting the deal!

At least it's a good looking Geronimo (Apache for those who don't know).

It'd be a fun 50 hours that's for sure.
grin.gif

If one could get it at $5,000 that's $100/hr wet with instructor for twin time. That's CHEAP.

Am i blind?
I see no propeller in the right engine... that´s why it is so cheap.
blush.gif

just kiddin´
It´s waaaaaaaaay cheap anyway.
This is probably gonna be my last post this year, so happy new year for everyone and merry christmas

Yes it's very cheap, but it is a dry price. Start adding fuel, meals, etc...it can get up ther pretty quick

Aloft, is your link for a wet aircraft? I see it says plus tax, wet, but I dont understand if that means its wet or its plus tax, plus fuel. That sounds like a decent idea for some multi time...not much multi time to be had where I live.

EDIT: Im sure it is wet, but they should have put wet up by the 5995 price to not make it more confusing for anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

But half of your time on that deal is safety pilot time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares?? The point of doing it would be to get above the insurance minimums for multi engine aircraft. From what I've heard the insurance minimums at most FBOs is running over 100 to 200 hours just to be able to instruct. I'm sure Joe Blow working at the FBO is not going to care if half the time was safety and if he does just thumb through the regs and show him he's full of crap.

In the long run 50 hours of safety pilot time is not going to matter to the airlines because by the time you're ready to be hired you will have many more hours of multi time and the safety time will be a small percentage of your total time. The only reason I would do the program would be to get my multi time over 100 hours so that I could meet insurance minimums.

Also, that price is wet. If you look closely it's in the fine print beneath the price. However, I believe you have to refuel at their base for the wet price. From what I've heard if you go elsewhere for fuel you must pay for gas. Therefore, sounds like you'd be limited to the state of Florida for the wet price. Also, all your flying for the time building will be at night.

Right, I saw that. They didnt exactly word it how I would expect it to be for a wet aircraft. Not that it makes any difference because I would ask when calling regardless of what I thought it said. That would really suck to only fly in FL to get the wet rate and flying all of it at night. I can find block time around here that is probably a little more expensive, but closer to home.

Actually the wet price is anywhere you go EXCEPT, they only reimburse you the price that THEY pay for fuel, not what you paid. In other words if you bought fuel in Georgia at $3.00 a gallon and their bulk price is $1.50, you end up paying the difference.

Okay, that is fair. That is how my FBO works when I take aircraft out for multiple-day trips. This works out good when you fly out of an airport that has 100LL at 3.00/gal. I can stop practically anywhere for fuel. Even nice FBO's that offer free snacks! w00t!

Back