Anyone know about TMU?

Stinger

I've heard some information from controllers and TMU people I know that are saying the FAA is looking into hiring directly into the TMU sometime in the future. Anyone know anything more specific than this? Or has nobody even heard this yet?

I'm hoping that ATLTRACON or Fox-Xray will be able to enlighten me further...haha:D

I'm not sure how good of an idea going directly into TMU would be because they need to know how the controllers operate. If you can't effectively control the traffic, I don't see how someone can look at the big picture and know when to release planes for specific holes in the flow. Being a good controller is just the first step.

Comments? yeah, I said it....

I've heard some information from controllers and TMU people I know that are saying the FAA is looking into hiring directly into the TMU sometime in the future. Anyone know anything more specific than this? Or has nobody even heard this yet?

I'm hoping that ATLTRACON or Fox-Xray will be able to enlighten me further...haha:D

I'm not sure how good of an idea going directly into TMU would be because they need to know how the controllers operate. If you can't effectively control the traffic, I don't see how someone can look at the big picture and know when to release planes for specific holes in the flow. Being a good controller is just the first step.

Comments? yeah, I said it....

I'm not sure how realistic hiring directly into the TMU would be. Like you said, people in the TMU need to have a working knowledge of how the NAS works as well as how controllers operate. I'm currently in OKC and we had a brief session with a trainer for the TMU. He said that they currently require a TMU applicant to be CPC for one full year before they can be considered. Seems to make sense to me.

Hiring straight into TMU would be the next stupid thing the FFAA has done, in keeping with past practices.

You must have a good working knowledge of ATC before you can effectively be in Traffic Manglement. Sorta like it's a good idea to know something about ATC before you are made a stupervisor (see Salt Lake City secretary made stupe in Western Pacific Region with no ATC experience except for washing out 15 years ago), but that's the way the FFAA rolls nowadays.

why ,this dose not suprise me one bit,nubees will be able to dodge traffic before the really have to work any,260 days

why this dose not suprise me one bit,nubees will be able to dodge traffic before the really have to work any,260 days

So true my friend, so true.

BTW folks, just like becoming a stupervisor, TMU, for the most part is a place for those to go hide when they are too scared to work traffic.

So true my friend, so true.

BTW folks, just like becoming a stupervisor, TMU, for the most part is a place for those to go hide when they are too scared to work traffic.

you know CJ i heard after the big STL kool aide fest that there was talk from above that they would like to hire folks to be stupervisors OFF THE STREET. id love to have one of those nubees try to tell me how to do my job :D

you know CJ i heard after the big STL kool aide fest that there was talk from above that they would like to hire folks to be stupervisors OFF THE STREET. id love to have one of those nubees try to tell me how to do my job :D

They might as well be doing it now. Kids with 3 total years on the Agency, only taking the stupe job cause the FFAA screwed them on pay, tell me how to control traffic into ATL. I've got more time in the bathroom here than some of these stupes have in the Agency.

sorry, gotta go work my voluntarily mandatory 10 hour shift now, 1100-2100.

yea i hear ya ,i have a 2 to 10 and we have the GYY airshow and a NASCAR race in joliet so the south sats well be a zoo tonight.

Back