ANYONE IN CHARLOTTE TODAY?

triple7

my girlfriend is flying through charlotte on usair today. she is actually there. she said her flight from clt to msy(new orleans) is canceled. how bad is the snow there? Im headed to msy tomorrow via awac crj ot of dulles.

I saw on the news that AirForce1 was even diverted. Must be bad....

First they were diverted to South Carolina, then they were diverted to Georgia, then they were diverted to Virginia, then they were diverted to Maryland EYEYEYEAHAYAHA </end Howard Dean style rant>

Most of us here in NC have several inches of snow. The interstates I know are mostly fine. It's the secondary & back roads here in NC that are having problems. Hopefully they will be tended to, but not all of them will. I don't think really any airports such as RDU or CLT are experiencing any delays as I just checked. If there are any delays, then they're very minor delays. Everything flight wise here in NC should be pretty good now that the snow crews are getting out and clearing things out.

Well, apparently her flight was canceled as were several others. They rebooked them on a flight in the morning and they will be staying the night in a hotel courtesy of usair. she said it was like a scene from AIRLINE on A+E....people everywhere and all pissed off.

[ QUOTE ]
Most of us here in NC have several inches of snow. The interstates I know are mostly fine. It's the secondary & back roads here in NC that are having problems. Hopefully they will be tended to, but not all of them will. I don't think really any airports such as RDU or CLT are experiencing any delays as I just checked. If there are any delays, then they're very minor delays. Everything flight wise here in NC should be pretty good now that the snow crews are getting out and clearing things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

how far a drive is new orleans from charlotte....i told her to rent a van....is that a feasible option?

A lot of the problems this morning in CLT are from last night. I know my uncle's flight to CLT from ILM was delayed several hours because the crew was so late arriving last night that they had to meet their minimum rest requirements. Then that means aircraft aren't getting to CLT in order to make the morning flights on time. I imagine by now its beginning to work itself out.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how far a drive is new orleans from charlotte....i told her to rent a van....is that a feasible option?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not worth it...surely they can rebook her on an afternoon flight or put her on Delta or Northwest and re-route her through ATL or MEM.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not worth it...surely they can rebook her on an afternoon flight or put her on Delta or Northwest and re-route her through ATL or MEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, the best they could do for her was a flight tomorrow at 8am to neworleans direct. sucks since shes only gonna be there two nights now verses 3...im going tomorrow and will probably meet her at the gate when my plane gets in...so it wil actually work out ok...saves her a taxi fare since i am renting a car. oh well, such is life eh? time to get our hurricane drink on.....

Back