Anyone in ATL wanna fly?

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
Im looking for someone in the Atlanta area to split some XC time with/fly safety pilot for etc.... anyone interested?

I'm game - I'll shoot you that overdue email
laugh.gif

What airport are you flying at in ATL? I'm ATL-based as of January 31st so if I've got to commute in early the day before I might even take you up on it.

I live 1/4 mile from PDK but I fly out of RYY and 47A because it was more economical (when I earned my PPL) to train at airports that are outside the urban sprawl that is Atlanta.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you gonna keep on flying the Mad Dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!

At least until I get over my aversion to spending five weeks on Virgina Avenue!

Doug you know you love ole Virigina Ave. The sad thing is they closed Jerry's. No more home cooking.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug you know you love ole Virigina Ave. The sad thing is they closed Jerry's. No more home cooking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that bums me out. All there is left on VA Avenue with any flair is The BBQ Kitchen ("refeel on yo veggi-bols?") and Spondivits.

I'm still shopping for a regular 'commuter' hotel for when I need to overnight before a trip. Any suggestions?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still shopping for a regular 'commuter' hotel for when I need to overnight before a trip. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Renancience Concourse!! Of course I don't know what your budget is.

I do know it's a cool place. Cheap considering. I paid less than $80 a night.

I saw a lot of airline (mostly Delta) people there, so they might have some discounts etc for Delta.

Just thought I'd chime in.

Naunga

Look me up in July (I should be settled by then)!!

Seriously. I should have my PPL and need a safety pilot while I'm doing my IR.

Later.

Naunga

Doug --

I've heard good things about the Renaissance Concourse and suspect they have an airline rate. I've also stayed at the airport Marriott and the Comfort Suites and liked both. Didn't get to stay there, but got a good rate from the Embassy Suites ... nice thing about Embassy is you get a free full breakfast with your room ... omelettes, bacon, sausage, whatever ... instead of just a croissant or something. Pretty good perk.

FL270

Doug there is a Red Roof Inn and Drury Inn right across from Spondivits, a reference location for you. I think they offer a good airline deal. I know at one time there was another one that offered a good deal. I will see if I can find their and in the Delta Digest. Oh Malones is open by the airport also.. And welcome to the ATL...I will let you know about those rates I have a few friends who commute for ASA and will see where they stay.. I know ASA uses the Red Roof for their training hotel

A lot of guys have been using priceline, bidding $40 for a 4 star hotel and given the "Westin".

I used to stay at the Red Roof when I'd go to recurrent training (based in ATL, living in MCO so I had to furnish my own hotel room) and it was alright.

But I've heard that it's gone downhill since. But something to look at!

I was a Drury Inn regular in DFW and it's going to be hard to let go of the free breakfast, free soda, Bennigans next door and Golden Tee 2004 at the Circle Spur bar at the Holiday Inn next door.

frown.gif

The Drury Inn is across the street from the Red Roof on Virginia Ave and close to Spondivits. The Westin is on the SW corner of the airport...you fly right by it on the 9R approach..It kinda sits a hole but is all glass up front and at one time had a bar in there...

Thanks for the responses everyone! GTK, i got your PM and I sent you one. Doug, it would rule if you wanted to go up sometime. Let me know sometime if you are gonna be around an extended time.

Back