Anyone have MS Combat Flight Sim 3?

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
If so, perhaps we could take turns trying to kill one another! ha!

No, but if anyone wants to fire up Falcon 4 SuperPak, I'm game!
smile.gif

I have MS Combat Flight Sim 3 and think it's great, but I hardly play it because I'm really not into 'shoot-em-ups'; I love cruising at FL350 with over a hundred virtual passengers screaming in the back.

[ QUOTE ]
If so, perhaps we could take turns trying to kill one another! ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe thats the answer Doug! It will certainly reduce the number of personal attacks on the bulletin board especially Squawk Box.

Create a special page for forthcoming events like: 'The Eagle v Snowman' and a virtual scoreboard.
grin.gif

Doug,

Remember Waldock at Riddle? He had this ATC game that he would play to see how many aircraft at once he could vector into one big midair.

MD

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

Remember Waldock at Riddle? He had this ATC game that he would play to see how many aircraft at once he could vector into one big midair.

MD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I remember that!

I still occasionally see him on CNN and I wish he'd bring Craig Funk with him so he could stand in the background saying, "...schmokin' HOLE..." while Bill does the press conference!

I have it. Great game! But it is REALLY hard on the computer. I have a brand new computer and can run FS2002 on full settings, but I can't with CFS3. Its been designed for the newest of new graphic cards. Microsoft did patch some things up because they got ahead of themselves, but its still hard on on the system.

True. I added the patch last night and I can eek some more performance out of my system.

I think we should arrange for a jetcareers dogfight night or something.

My first introduction to "online" gaming was Falcon 3.0. There was a local BBS (yes a BBS that you had to dial directly into with a modem) that ran a F3 compeition ladder. You'd make a challenge to the guy (up to two spots above you) work out the details for hooking up (F3 connectivity was enough of a challenge all by itself) and then report the win/loss to the ladder mod. It was hella fun.

IL2

Gentleman, how can you like MSCFS3?
The game's flight models are a joke!

Invest some money in IL2 Forgotten Battles, and you will see what a great sim is! It is so easy to stall those WW2 fighters, the the cockpits, are no joke!

IL2 is where it's at!!

looks like I can run it on my laptop, but not my desktop... I do not have the correct video card. or somesuchnonsense By this time tomorrow I am in....

Runs on my laptop pretty good. I'm running a PIII-M 1 Ghz wiff 512Mb ram including a 32 Mb videocard.

I haven't tried it on Mrs. Jetcareers's P-IV in the home office yet.

Hiya All,

I have the game, and it runs OK on my system (homebrew ASUS A7N8X Dlx, AMD 2400+, ti-4200 128 MB 8X AGP and 512 MB), but I wasn't really impressed with it. But I probably haven't messed with it enough.

I am probably jaded by the fact that I bought Battlefield 1942 at the same time, and overall it is much more fun, IMO. Not only planes, but you can drive around tanks, jeeps, subs, crusiers and even aircraft carriers (and of course, run around like an idiot).

Best,
Rich

I do and it runs pretty decent.(P-4 @ 2.4GHZ, 512 RDRAM-1066, 64 mb Geforce4 Mx-420). As you can see, my gc isn't the best but it does fine.

Off topic, but have you guys seen the screenshots of FS2004?! Those clouds look totaly sweet, and now they form and disapate vs appear and disapear like they do now lol. Plus they are true 3d this time, not just floating pictures.

They also have 9 new historic aircraft, check it out!

Plus they finally fixed the ATC and AI traffic problems (thank god!) ohh ohh and taxiway signs so your not always lookin at map or need a pink brick road.

I'll have to say I'm probably more excited about this release of FS than any other. I've been complaining about the lack of proper weather simulation ever since I got FS4.

Checkout Microsoft's website and save me from repeating it all.

FS2004 Offical Homepage

The addition of the Garmin is nice, too bad they didn't make it the 530 and get rid of the King stack--or at least give you the option....
confused.gif

Back