Anyone have experience with these sunglasses? (Ombraz, Kords

Spyke

What's up y'all?

I'm searching for sunglasses that are good, relatively affordable and, most importantly, don't break the seal of my passive David Clark headset. I stumbled upon this concept of armless sunglasses, they have some cords that attach directly to the frame to hold them in place. The two brands I've found are Ombraz and Kords, ranging from $100-140. The formers appear to have great publication reviews online. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Bonus question: does anyone have any tips for sunglasses that don't hinder the functionality of passive headsets? Aviators don't agree with my face, fit wise.

Thanks!

I recently tried Shady Rays brand. Most of their sunglasses are polarized but they do have some non-polarized if you look hard enough. I got the non-polarized wayfarer style at the very bottom of the men's styles page. I like them, and the quality seems great for the price.

They had a promo and I got two pairs back in November for about $60 total after shipping. They are doing great so far. I wear a DC 13.4 passive headset working a 121 job.

www.shadyrays.com

After you go look around their website, look around Facebook and see if FB's trackers pop up some discounts for you.

I always use Oakley Offshoots with mine. (I use Bose). I understand the fit thing. I need sunglasses that fit close to the face to block out the glare. The sides are flat so they don't lift the headset off.

1610989833826.png

Different lense but same fit.
1610989989742.png

I've never heard of them.

I've had Oakley M2 for 20 years. I don't have any issues in my small plane or work plane.

I recently tried Shady Rays brand. Most of their sunglasses are polarized but they do have some non-polarized if you look hard enough. I got the non-polarized wayfarer style at the very bottom of the men's styles page. I like them, and the quality seems great for the price.

They had a promo and I got two pairs back in November for about $60 total after shipping. They are doing great so far. I wear a DC 13.4 passive headset working a 121 job.

www.shadyrays.com

After you go look around their website, look around Facebook and see if FB's trackers pop up some discounts for you.
On board with the Shady Rays! Great price and they’ll replace if lost stolen or broken no questions asked. Picked a few up and still going strong. I tend to always break sunglasses. They’ll fall, or get scratched. I don’t deserve to spend $100+ on sunglasses.

What's up y'all?

I'm searching for sunglasses that are good, relatively affordable and, most importantly, don't break the seal of my passive David Clark headset. I stumbled upon this concept of armless sunglasses, they have some cords that attach directly to the frame to hold them in place. The two brands I've found are Ombraz and Kords, ranging from $100-140. The formers appear to have great publication reviews online. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Bonus question: does anyone have any tips for sunglasses that don't hinder the functionality of passive headsets? Aviators don't agree with my face, fit wise.

Thanks!

I've recently gotten onboard with Scheydens. Titanium frames with flat supports that fit great under a headset.

I bought a pair for the car, and liked them so much I bought a 2nd pair for the Bonanza.

They are spendy, normally 3 bills, but if you catch them right, you can get a pair for $99 right from their website. You can get them with an Rx or reader option as well (but you have to call or email them). Made in the US and owner is a pilot.

Recommend.

Back