Anyone Going to ZDC??

gulfstream505

My boyfriend just got his FOL today for ZDC, Washington ARTCC. His OKC class date is Sept. 17th. I have been reading the posts on here and they have really given us so much info we didn't have before, but I haven't seen anything about ZDC? Does anyone know anything about ZDC or heard anything about it?

Tell me everything. ZDC is my dream facility. I went to visit last May for a tour, very nice folks there. The building is a little older (like most centers) and it's right in Leesburg, VA. What else would you like to know?

Is your husband an OTS applicant? Did he pick en route only in Viriginia...

He did not pick only Virginia, he picked VA, NY, FL, MA and VT. He did not put any preference as far as ARTCC vs. Terminal or Tracon. I am not sure if he was OTS ( i know it means off the street, but I am not positive what that exactly means). He took the AT-SAT almost 2 years ago, he graduated college with a Bachelors in Aeronautics last summer, Aplied for the Feb posting, found out about ZDC in March, went to Chicago PEPC in May and got his FOL and Sept. 17th class date yesterday.

We visited Leesburg in the begining of June. It seems really nice, I just wanted to hear if anyone knew much about the area b/c we will be moving from Long Island, NY to there when he is done in OKC. I am happy to hear it is a nice place. Are you from Leesburg or the surrounding areas?

Leesburg is nice. It is in Loudoun County, VA. Good school system, big area. It is the second richest county in Virginia (first being Fairfax). You are right by DC. DC has a lot of offer it terms of stuff to do. Losts of history in that part of Virginia if you are into the Civil War. Plenty of jobs, IT, gov't, and medical mostly. I have lived in this area all my life. Plenty of places to live and prices are prob. comparable to what you are used to in Long Island.

I'm really excited to see that someone was picked for this facility. Congratulations! Do you need more info about this area? I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Was he told of any staffing issues at this location? Any other information you could give me about updates on his future location, manager, etc.. I would most certainly appreciate it.

Best,

FREZ_ATC

FREZ ATC is right. I live in Maryland, about 40 miles from Leesburg. It's a really nice location in Northern Virginia; however, the only problem I can see is the traffic which is the problem in the entire DC metro area. I was selected by ZDC, but turned it down b/c I wanted terminal and also because of the commute. I think you guys will like the area. Explore Virginia, but also come into the city sometime too. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, its great to know it is a nice place and probably not to much different than what I am used to. Just curious if you know anything about Ashburn, we might be looking into places there as well because it is very close to Leesburg. When I was there we really didn't get to see to much of Ashburn because we spent most of our time in Leesburg.

I will let you know if I hear anything about ZDC, managers etc. We really don't know anything yet except that is the facility he will be going to.

Thanks Again

Back