Anyone going to the Reno Races?

mrivc211

I'll be there with a student on a LOOOOOONNGGGG cross country trip.
Anyone else going? Never been there, whats it like?

Reno is lots of fun! My husband and I for the past two years had box seats with a couple of his TWA buddies and some Hawaiian Air friends. (Well, we were going to go to the races in 2001, but they ended up being cancelled) We won't be there this year, too many from our 'gang' are furloughed, and box seats at Reno are for people with jobs! Are you going to be there for all 5 days, or just the silver or gold races? Be sure to check out the pits, the crews are really nice and always willing to talk shop about their planes. Some of our group stayed at the Hilton by the airport, but we always stayed at Fitzgeralds downtown, there was more around to do and see.
Have a great time! The unlimiteds rock!

I'll be there! Went for the first time in 2000, it was probably the coolest aviation related thing I've ever witnessed. Absolutely awesome. Bring sunscreen and blistex/chapstick. And cash.

Well, I've never been there. But since one of my students is fronting to bill, I'm all for it. We're gonna head up in a brand new 172SP. We're doing the scenic route up the west coast and then crossing over to Reno from SFO. I'm starting to get excited about it!
grin.gif

I want to go really bad, but I'm finishing up my Instrument Rating right now before school starts again, so I'm a little down on cash. Next year definately!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I've never been there. But since one of my students is fronting to bill, I'm all for it. We're gonna head up in a brand new 172SP. We're doing the scenic route up the west coast and then crossing over to Reno from SFO. I'm starting to get excited about it!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BE SURE to call the FBO at RNO and make parking reservations, Use the Sierria Air Center.

[ QUOTE ]
BE SURE to call the FBO at RNO and make parking reservations,

[/ QUOTE ]And don't forget to tip your courtesan(s)!
grin.gif

When are you guys flying up?

[ QUOTE ]
When are you guys flying up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm at the airport now, in the dark, waiting for the student and his dad to show up. THat would be sooo not funny if they didn't show up!
It would be one of the CFI classic stories!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BE SURE to call the FBO at RNO and make parking reservations, Use the Sierria Air Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand were heading to minden airport to park and rent a car and drive up to the race which is about 40 minutes from there?

The students dad, who's gonna be sitting back seat, supposedly took care of everything and also knows some people down there that are tied to the race. But doesn't everyone who flies planes always claim they KNOW SOMEBODY?
confused.gif

Back