anyone get a call today yet?

normal_important-phone-call.jpg

Meh, your only 6 months in...I want to see what you will look like if your 14 months down the road. Here is where I am at...

toadily-insane.jpg

Svirf, that blows, 14 months!!!!! How long did it for your references to receive letters after you received your TOL? I am goin on 29 days, no letters have been received.

Svirf, that blows, 14 months!!!!! How long did it for your references to receive letters after you received your TOL? I am goin on 29 days, no letters have been received.

I don't think anyone will have to wait as long as me and the rest of those in my spot. Basically, I got in on the last application before they started streamlining that process. I got in on the Pepci process before it got totally streamlined. My references went really smooth, but my clearances got held up because my military medical records took their sweet time to arrive....

That put me at the bottom of my hr rep's pile of "clearances received" back in late may early June. So, then I was low enough on the "clearances received" totem pole that there were no more spots available for me in the final classes of fy 2008. I think if I had been terminal it would have been a lot different. And I will be very surprised if I am not one of the first for the next school date for my center.

All in all, I only have one regret from all of this...the fact that I spent this last year working temp when I could have been working somewhere more...interesting. But, I was able to enjoy my summer, celebrate my anniversary, and my wife's b'day. So no real complaints just some whining.

peace

That put me at the bottom of my hr rep's pile of "clearances received" back in late may early June. So, then I was low enough on the "clearances received" totem pole that there were no more spots available for me in the final classes of fy 2008.

I don't mind waiting either.... it just sucks that seniority is getting run-around from guys who applied after you and are going to OKC before you.
At least getting hired is better than *not getting hired*, no matter how long the wait.

Back