Anyone from Kalitta Air? Question about DX

Mesa777

Question, does Kalitta Air hire flight followers without prior DX experience? I have a DX license, tons of airline operations experience but can never get anyone to look at my qualifications. Keep putting in apps, not even sure if anyone ever sees my app! Would love to work for Kalitta Air if they would give me the opportunity!
Thanks

Question, does Kalitta Air hire flight followers without prior DX experience? I have a DX license, tons of airline operations experience but can never get anyone to look at my qualifications. Keep putting in apps, not even sure if anyone ever sees my app! Would love to work for Kalitta Air if they would give me the opportunity!
Thanks
Thanks
Hi Mesa777, I’m a trainer at Kalitta. While Dispatch experience is preferred, I like that you have operations experience. I will send you a PM.

As a former trainer for Kallita’s main competitor for over a decade, I can say that, from my experience, the easiest and fastest candidates to train are the ones fresh from dispatch school or that have little or no experience. Why? Theses candidates start off on a clean slate and are easier to mold than a more experienced dispatcher. My view has also been that the hardest to train tend to be former pilots though they bring a wealth of knowledge from a cockpit perspective. Off course, it’s always good to have a mix of inexperienced and experienced people into the mix.

Flightymom is a great instructor and even better person! Glad she is reaching out to you. We recently lost some great people to UPS, United and Delta. Yes it Sucks to loose these awesome dispatchers but it’s great to see majors recognizing the great talent that comes from Kalitta Air! Yes the contract was not what everyone was hoping for, but it’s a start and better then what we had before.

As a former trainer for Kallita’s main competitor for over a decade, I can say that, from my experience, the easiest and fastest candidates to train are the ones fresh from dispatch school or that have little or no experience. Why? Theses candidates start off on a clean slate and are easier to mold than a more experienced dispatcher. My view has also been that the hardest to train tend to be former pilots though they bring a wealth of knowledge from a cockpit perspective. Off course, it’s always good to have a mix of inexperienced and experienced people into the mix.
I come from the pilot side but I have to agree with you! Some of the most motivated and smartest individuals I had the pleasure to work with had very little experience and fresh out of school.

Back