Anyone from Denver.....

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Know what the disposition of Denver-Stapleton is? Anyone fly over or near the old field? Is it still intact? Plans for the land?

[ QUOTE ]
Know what the disposition of Denver-Stapleton is? Anyone fly over or near the old field? Is it still intact? Plans for the land?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from Denver but go there annually and usually stay in one of the hotels right across from where Stapleton used to be. The land is being developed. Homes, shopping, you name it, it's being built.

In fact, visit www.stapletondenver.com and it'll tell you exactly what's happened/happening to the land.

Sarah

I live in Boulder and I fly around Denver quite a bit. I flew over the old Stapleton airport about 2 weeks ago. It is being developed in to businesses and housing etc.. There are still about 2.5 runways left and the control tower is still there. Last I heard was that they were auctioning the tower off so that someone can turn it into an apartment. Other than that I don't know what they plan on doing with the rest of the land....

[ QUOTE ]
Last I heard was that they were auctioning the tower off so that someone can turn it into an apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It always sucks when an airport closes, but that would be one badass apartment!
cool.gif

I fly over several times a month on my way to APA. The are hauling concrete out, and houses are going up.

They are building houses at the old airport.....What I heard about the tower was that they're going to keep it there for an old land mark. About the newer concourse....arent they going to keep it there to use for office space? -Brett...New member. Glad to be here!

This can go along with this thread... does anyone know the same thing about the old Pittsburgh airport?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last I heard was that they were auctioning the tower off so that someone can turn it into an apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It always sucks when an airport closes, but that would be one badass apartment!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that would be kewl!

Back