Anyone ever done it?

Sounds attractive - however being a butler does not sound like my cup of tea.

If you want a white butler just advertise on this site if they serve you well for a year (for free) you will give them a letter of Recommendation for Delta when hiring resumes. You will have more staff then the Queen.

[ QUOTE ]
No doubt.

Although I only waited 15 minutes to put gas in my Pontiacosaurus yesterday.

I ran that puppy almost bone dry, but left enough gas in it to get to the airport this afternoon if I had to.

Three days in the house and it was 100-plus degrees so I generally did nothing this week but surf the net and clean the house until the Mrs. got home with a car with gasoline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you do that to the MD-88, too, Doug?
confused.gif

Nah, just that we're having a major gas crisis so I decided to be a good citizen and drive my car until I absolutely, undoubtedly needed gasoline. Instead of people panicking and topping off their tank with 2 gallons because of irrational fear.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[With the economy like it is right now, 1/3 of all males move back home after college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can see it now....

Last call and the HOT H O T H O T chick you have been dancing with all night says she wants go home with you tonight.

" YEAH BAYYYYBY!!! but you got to keep it quite, my parents are home."

I don't think it is the economy I think it is the kids being too lazy or resourceful. find a roommate, or start in a small apartment, be a f'n adult... take some responsibility for YOURSELF let mom and dad have some time along for petes sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I can't help it that the majority of jobs around here are minimum wage. That is not nearly enough to make due with an apartment. The only room mate that I could get right now, well lets just say he likes his dope. Most of the jobs there are around here that do pay any money expect up to as much as 50-70 hrs. a week out of you at times. Besides the one big reason that I am staying at home is to help my dad(who is 51) finish his house. I currently do that full time. I don't have a job, and since my dad travels alot (South Korea tomorrow for a week, but he can be gone as much as 3 months at a time) I took the responsibility of being a helper slash employee to him.

It's not like I didn't want to find another job, he is the one who proposed this to me. I figured that would help him out alot. I also do work for my uncle such as digging out a basement which consisted of about 6 days of jack-hammering, digging, picking, and wheel barreling cement, dirt, and sand stone all through mud and muck while hardly having enough room to stand up. All for two hundred dollars. Yes I do have alot of things easy, but I am not lazy and I do not have everything handed to me. I cannot help it that I do not enjoy working my butt off for 5.15 an hour all the while watching the owners of the company become rich while they curse at employees and think of you as a piece of sh$t. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Do I want another job? yeah!!! like I said, though, working for my dad helps him out alot and I get enough money, just enough to pay for insurance and gas and a little to spend. I most likely would be out on my own if I weren't helping my dad. I am using my resources. I am happy working for my dad because I am repaying him for years and years of him giving all he had to make my family comfortable. Also, I am not being pushed around for 5.15 an hour, and I am slowly learning how to build a house. That will be something I can use some day. Hey, I listened to empty promises for 3 years at a minimum wage job. I got tired of it and decided to use one of my resources.

As far as being an adult, that thing about last call with the hot girl. What is wrong with her house? With now being the time of equal opportunity, equal consideration, and equal pay, (all of which I totally agree with) she should also have an appartment, shouldn't she? If she cannot understand and go to her place, then she isn't worth talking to. That's when it is time to grow a set, tell her to take a long walk off of a short cliff, and realize that there will be other nights and other girls
laugh.gif
! (all parts of being an adult) But, if her mommy and daddy are home too, then what is there to be embarassed about?
blush.gif
She is just the same as you are!!

I just graduated from Penn State in May actually. This past school year, I managed to work part-time at US Airways, have two full semesters at Penn State majoring in Political Science (fall and spring), be on the student government, be an active member of a fraternity, and have a serious girlfriend while also getting my private pilot license this past May.

It was a lot of work, but well worth it. I probably didn't organize my time as best as I could have, but still managed to juggle everything around and accomplish what I set out to do.

I have since earned my instrument rating at American Flyers and have now started working towards my commercial up in State College again, where I plan to earn the rest of my certificates and ratings (hopefully by the time my girlfriend graduates in May).

So personally, I say to stay at Penn State and go for the degree...PSU is a great school, and you should enjoy 4 years of college and at the same time, put some time aside each week to go fly.

P.S.- Are you at University Park campus?

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot help it that I do not enjoy working my butt off for 5.15 an hour all the while watching the owners of the company become rich while they curse at employees and think of you as a piece of sh$t. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you want to fly for a living?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot help it that I do not enjoy working my butt off for 5.15 an hour all the while watching the owners of the company become rich while they curse at employees and think of you as a piece of sh$t. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you want to fly for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you do have a pretty good point. But, are you proud to be a pilot? hopefully. Do you enjoy flying? hopefully. Is there room for advancement? Definitely. Flying shouldn't be a career choice for someone that does not want to work to get into a good career position. Ok, was I proud to be considered a bottom of the barrel piece of crap at a discount department store? No. Did I enjoy it? Nope! Was there room for advancement? No way.

Ok, now you see the advantages of me being a pilot over working like that. I would be proud, I would enjoy it, and as long as I worked hard, within 10-15 years I could probably be making pretty descent money and in a great employment position doing what I love
cool.gif

Back