Anyone else coming or already came form another govt agency?

wve_iii

I was just wondering if anyone else has come or will be coming to the FAA from another government agency? I was wondering if anyone would know if you get any type of saved pay from your previous job? I doubt it but I thought there might be a chance? I do know that i will get all of my leave health insurance and retirement switched but just didnt know if I would get anything as far as pay?

Re: Anyone else coming or already came form another govt age

That's a very interesting question, and I also would like to know the answer myself. Although I didn't receive an e-mail this go around, I'm still on the referral list for NAT1; and I have 2 more apps out there. Oh yeah, I'm coming from TSA.

I'm coming from the Military, not VRA tho, but I know we can buy back I think 6 years or so towards retirement. We also start at max vacation per year.

YAY!! Vacation rules!!! :laff:

YAY!!! Don't plan on using it due to staffing.

Pet Peeve: Trainees coming into the facility and CONSTANTLY taking leave. MY take (if anyone cares) is that you are there to learn how to do the job. You are NOT there to constantly take time off and never get into the rhythm of the job. There may be plenty of time for that later (depending on how you do). Heed the 20 training tips to get certified on the main ATC page. They are priceless.

YAY!!! Don't plan on using it due to staffing.

Pet Peeve: Trainees coming into the facility and CONSTANTLY taking leave. MY take (if anyone cares) is that you are there to learn how to do the job. You are NOT there to constantly take time off and never get into the rhythm of the job. There may be plenty of time for that later (depending on how you do). Heed the 20 training tips to get certified on the main ATC page. They are priceless.
:yeahthat:

I am coming from a USAF/Civilian position at Fairchild AFB. Since I already have a TS/SCI clearance this greatly speed up the PEPC process in LA, I was able to start at 0800 and finish everything by 1130.

I received a job offer for Spokane/GEG which is right next to Fairchild AFB where I live. Looking to head to OKC around Sept.

I'm currently working for a NASA facility in Northern Utah with a Secret Clearance. I definitely hope that my background check is quick! Want to get to OKC pronto!!

I'm coming from the Military, not VRA tho, but I know we can buy back I think 6 years or so towards retirement. We also start at max vacation per year.

How many days of vacation you earn per year will be based on number of years of military service. 0-3 years of service is 4 hours per pay period, 4-15 years of service is 6 hours per pay period and above 15 is 8 hours per pay period. I had six years AF so I earn 6 hours per pay period or 20 days/year. You are correct though about buying back your military time. I don't know the specifics on percentages but if I were to buy mine back now it would cost around 2k-5K rough estimate. However I would make that back in just one year after retiring. It's a good deal!

HD

How many days of vacation you earn per year will be based on number of years of military service. 0-3 years of service is 4 hours per pay period, 4-15 years of service is 6 hours per pay period and above 15 is 8 hours per pay period. I had six years AF so I earn 6 hours per pay period or 20 days/year. You are correct though about buying back your military time. I don't know the specifics on percentages but if I were to buy mine back now it would cost around 2k-5K rough estimate. However I would make that back in just one year after retiring. It's a good deal!

HD
Ah, ok. I have 11 years of military service so I'll be in that same bracket.

Back