Anyone eat @ Brenham Muni, TX (11R)???

HeyEng

So looking to grab a late lunch/dinner Saturday evening. Anyone had the diner and if so, how was it? Speaking of $200 burgers, anyone been to Port A after the hurricane? I am curious how things are down there...

So looking to grab a late lunch/dinner Saturday evening. Anyone had the diner and if so, how was it? Speaking of $200 burgers, anyone been to Port A after the hurricane? I am curious how things are down there...

Brenham has a nice diner, it's a 50s style place. The waitresses even wear poodlle skirts. I actually like their burgers better than Fredericksburg.

Port A didn't seem to get any real bad damage from Ike, but I'd call ahead and make sure.

In the late 80's/early 90's there was a really good Chicken Fried Steak available about 3/tenths of a mile walk from the airport in LaGrange. Not sure if it is still open or good though. We used to fly from DWH for dinner sometimes. Perfect would have been flying there, eating a good CF Steak, going to the chicken ranch, then back for Pecan Pie before launching back to Houston. My instructer said that is what they did prior to 1973...but by the time I came along, only the CF Steak and Pecan Pie were available.

That is one of the best places to go... My wife really likes going there.. The food is good, the atmosphere is great.

Yes, and the chicken fried steak is a delicacy. I'm sure they have some blue bell too, although I prefer okie ice cream (brahms)to aggie ice cream.

Brenham is a great place to stop by. I have got a half dozen log entries for 11R.

The also have a Blue Bell Ice Cream museum. The airport diner makes an awesome burger, even better Chix fried steak sammy. They are open until 9PM Friday and Saturday nights, only for lunch until 2PM the rest of the week I believe.

Well then, sounds like a plan. Was going tomorrow, but I have been informed that I will have "other plans". Oh well, perhaps Tuesday. I do miss Braums...they need them down here.

oh man... It doesn't matter what the plans are, If I mention flying to Brenham my wife drops everything.

According to my folks Port A didn't suffer much at all - the dunes just got rearranged a bit.

Yes, and the chicken fried steak is a delicacy. I'm sure they have some blue bell too, although I prefer okie ice cream (brahms)to aggie ice cream.

"Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Store, in your neighborhood! WAKE UP!"

ME: "Yes, I'd like a Medium Rocky Road Shake with a Banana in it."

When I was living in Overland Park I used to drive all the way to Emporia for a fix.

Don't forget the Pumpkin & Egg Nog Ice Cream flavors are out! Makes a great shake!

Nothing is BlueBell. BlueBell is wonderful and further proof that Texas is superior at all things.

Oh boy...that TX pride. It's just so sad sometimes!!! :)

And sorry, but Braum's beats the hell out of Blue Bell...

Which waitress did you have? Brazoria County has a good restaraunt, too if your in the Houston area.

Which waitress did you have? Brazoria County has a good restaraunt, too if your in the Houston area.

Unfortunately, we didn't get out there last weekend. Apparently, I had a previous engagement as scheduled by my SO. :)

If the weather holds together, then might get out there tomorrow, but not holding my breath on that either. Guess I'll just hang out in the hangar and do some buffin'...:buck:

Hot tip: don't get a big burger and huge shake and then go fly home. Especially in the afternoon. Or in the summer. Or on a summer afternoon.

Just trust me.

Oh boy...that TX pride. It's just so sad sometimes!!! :)

And sorry, but Braum's beats the hell out of Blue Bell...

Alright, it will come to blows.

OR - an even better idea! An ice cream eating contest. You bring your favorite Braum's, the Texas contingent will bring BlueBell and it will be on. We will all eat copious amounts of each kind of ice cream, and then we will vote. Really don't see a downside to this.

Back