Anyone download approach plates on a Kindle?

I just put the plates on a new sony 600 and it took 10 min to download 10 to upload. I didn't use the program, just did it the old school fashion way. Don't know if that's ur guys problem.

I just put the plates on a new sony 600 and it took 10 min to download 10 to upload. I didn't use the program, just did it the old school fashion way. Don't know if that's ur guys problem.

I put the plates on my PRS-505 in about an hour. Full country, sorted, and tabbed, including a tabbed airport/facility directory. I still pay the 10 bucks a month, because it makes it really easy to install.

If you don't like watching it download, put it on to do its work while you are asleep.

I put the plates on my PRS-505 in about an hour. Full country, sorted, and tabbed, including a tabbed airport/facility directory. I still pay the 10 bucks a month, because it makes it really easy to install.

If you don't like watching it download, put it on to do its work while you are asleep.

Yeah, im using that website but instead of using the installer I use the manual install. Seem's quicker then what everyone is saying.

Any problems with viewing it while in flight? Issues with power or batteries? Reading at night? Do either have wirless? (Apparantly the B&N version will).

I have a regular kindle (kindle 2) and use it to read... flight manuals... all the time, so I don't think it would be a problem.

Any problems with viewing it while in flight? Issues with power or batteries? Reading at night? Do either have wirless? (Apparantly the B&N version will).

I don't have any problems reading the PRS-505 in flight. Granted, it is small text, but if you zoom in, its more than big enough. I've got a lit cover for it as well, that is really too bright. Turn it on low, and the cockpit is brighter than I'd rather have it. On high, it looks like your standing in the middle of a city.

I don't have any problems reading the PRS-505 in flight. Granted, it is small text, but if you zoom in, its more than big enough. I've got a lit cover for it as well, that is really too bright. Turn it on low, and the cockpit is brighter than I'd rather have it. On high, it looks like your standing in the middle of a city.

I've actual put red bumper tape over the bulb to help keep that good old NV.

Back