Anyone completed their ATP here?

jonnyb

I was going to recommend ATP to someone for their ATP, but I thought I should ask if anyone had gone through it. If so, how was it? Details? Thanks in advance.

I trained about 80 guys/gals for their ATP while instructing at ATP in Riverside. For most with the requisite 1500 hours, it is a very straightforward ride. Although you will find variances between every different examiner, the basics of the ride are the same. The oral primarily covers systems of the Seminole. The flight consists of engine failures on T/O roll, in the pattern and a couple at altitude, steep turns, stalls, engine shutdown/restart, approaches (2 engine ILS, 1 engine ILS, 2 engine non-precision, 1 engine non-precision), no flap landing. To get anything more specific, call 800 255-2877 and ask one of the flight instructors for details.

For the ATP, stalls are recovered at any sign of a stall.
* if you get a stall warning, recover.
* if you get a buffet, recover.
* if the examiner says the word stall, recover
* if anyone stays the word stall, recover.
* if anyone says anything that rhymes with stall, recover
* if the examiner say, "gee, I need to go to the mall tonight", recover, because mall rhymes with stall.
* if you fly over a mall, what the heck...recover.
smile.gif
smile.gif

1. The steep turns are only 45 degrees bank
2. Stalls are only done to the horn (approach to a stall, mall etc:)
3. No slow flight
4. You do an instrument takeoff and no-flap landing for the ATP
5. The ATP oral is focused on systems and equipment, instead of basic multiengine concepts.
6. More approaches on the ATP ride

[quote
And how are things at CHQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good, thanks for asking. Flying the jet is an absolute pleasure. I finish up IOE on Tuesday and will be based out of St. Louis flying American Connection flights.

I actually did my ATP last month in Las Vegas. Pretty much like eveyone else said. I had a few items waived since I took a 135.293 ride though. I didn't have to do the steep turns, holds, only 1 non precision approach, and only 1 stall. If you have taken a 121 ride or the 135 rides you can waive these. I discussed them with my examiner prior to the ride and he was ok with all of it.

The oral was quick and painless also. I only had to discuss a few of the seminole systems.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a few items waived since I took a 135.293 ride though. I didn't have to do the steep turns, holds, only 1 non precision approach, and only 1 stall. If you have taken a 121 ride or the 135 rides you can waive these.

[/ QUOTE ]Anyone know where I can find out more about this. Is it in the FARs?

Back