Anyone been on an aircraft before it later crashed?

My wife and I flew from JFK to Geneva on Swissair Flight 111 in february 1998 (MD-11). That plane crashed in september off Nova Scotia. Just awful. Long duration, electrical fire, smoke, must have been torture!

when i was a kid, i flew often on fledgling upstate NY commuter Empire Airline's Piper Cheiftan. It crashed in Ithaca, NY later that winter.

Like tonyw I've flown a 172 that had just come back from repairs, two of them actually. They both lost a wing during a windstorm. That was a little unnerving.

Or the plane that I flew on Wednesday and then on Thursday the fuel pump failed.

Naunga

Yeah...two S-3's in two different squadrons. One because of a lack of crew coordination (COTAC pulled the handle thinking the aircraft was about to depart controlled flight...it wasn't) the other stalled off the catapult a few months after I left.

One of our pilots came to pick me up from our mechanic's grass strip in one of our 152s. Dropped me off at our base airport, destroyed the aircraft on the next flight. He was alright, but he left the company and I never saw him again. Weird to come home from work and see an airplane you have a bunch of time in upside down in a corn field on the news.

Back