Anybody know what FSI pays in St. Louie?

CAPTAIN&10eels

I see an ad running almost continually for EMB-170/190 sim and ground instructors at FlightSafety in St. Louis.
I've also seem some posts that working at FlightSafety is not the decent deal it was before BH bought them out. Anybody know what a starting instructor makes at FSI in St. Louis?

That EMB job is for Republic. My buddy runs the Dash Program for them. He told me around 70k to 80k. I interviewed for it, but they would not allow me to fly the line on my days off. Not a real career move.

Most of the Flightsafety STL guys seem to be either airline retirees or younger guys in between flying gigs who are starting families and want to be home every day.

I see an ad running almost continually for EMB-170/190 sim and ground instructors at FlightSafety in St. Louis.
I've also seem some posts that working at FlightSafety is not the decent deal it was before BH bought them out. Anybody know what a starting instructor makes at FSI in St. Louis?

I have no useful information, but I ROFLcoptered at your screen name.

Groundpounde...

Hey, "ROFLcoptered" is terrific too.

If I collect a dozen "r"s how much of a discount can I get? Or can I get cash back
mailed back to me as a "wind check?"

Vyse and SFLAX thanks for the input. Republic? H-m-m-m...is that a gig one would want?

You'd be working for FSI- just that you'd be training Republic/Shuttle America new hires and maybe the occasional recurrent.
There are four ERJ-170 sims at STL and Republic has two of them booked pretty much continually. So you'll be busy.
They also train Mesa and SkyWest crews there, though I'm not sure of FSI's policy for working in different programs.

Well, the deal I wanted was for me to be in management, so be employed by republic, so on salary, benefits and such and be a lined trained captain. I would be in the sim mostly and be able to give company check rides and anything else company. This is how my buddy in the dash does it. They did not want to go that way with the 170, and now they are having issues finding guys to take the job.

Yeah the 170 checks at Republic are done by Check Airmen.

I hear Republic's looking for a new DO though!

Well, the deal I wanted was for me to be in management, so be employed by republic, so on salary, benefits and such and be a lined trained captain. I would be in the sim mostly and be able to give company check rides and anything else company. This is how my buddy in the dash does it. They did not want to go that way with the 170, and now they are having issues finding guys to take the job.

That would be quite the cushy job to land. I'm not familiar with their pilot contract but needless to say most pilot groups wouldn't want this arrangement to be made. At my old carrier all instructors were line pilots at some point...At my current carrier there is a mix in the training department, but those who are pure instructors don't fly the line...

You think Republics managements gives a poop about the contract . As for cushy job yes it would be. But I was in a good position to negotiate for what i wanted. They said no, okay is was fine with that . It was the same deal my buddy had. I would not be able to do line checks, that was done by company pilots. I just wanted to be able to fly about 20 hours a month online.

Back