Anybody know AMEs in Houston around 77036?

edmundchampion

Does anybody know a good AME in Houston around 77036 area?Actually I don't really care abt the location, just need a good AME and get a class 3 asap.

Dr. Ron Heisey 281-683-5161

He works out of his hangar at Polly Ranch which is located South of Houston in Friendswood. Very nice guy and very accommodating schedule wise.

Right by EFD, Charles Schumacher is a very good AME. I'm sorry I do not have his number. I got my first medical from Heisey. Nothing bad to say about Heisey but Schumacher is a good one to see, extremely nice, professional, and I'll be going back to him until his retirement.

Right by EFD, Charles Schumacher is a very good AME. I'm sorry I do not have his number. I got my first medical from Heisey. Nothing bad to say about Heisey but Schumacher is a good one to see, extremely nice, professional, and I'll be going back to him until his retirement.
Thanks a lot. 281 338 2328 is his phone number. I just got it from my training school.

I as well as many other professional have had serious issues with Andy Davis. He almost cost me my job. His nurse messed up my EKG and he hung me out to dry. Oh ya, he's all smiles and is sweet as pie until something goes wrong and then watch him run the other way. I had gone to him as an alternate AME a few time previous. I though he was OK too, then he screwed up my EKG and showed me the door. Oh yes, he said he was sorry he messed up. Lot off good that did. His mistake cost me $5,000.00 in the way of an unnecessary nuclear stress test. After I got the mess cleared up I found what he did to me was not uncommon. He had done the same thing to others. It all came out after the event. Go to anyone else but avoid Andy Davis like the plague. There are plenty of other AME's out there that are not two faced and who will look out for you. Davis will act like a good guy, but that is not the case at all.

The best AME in houston died a few years back unfortunately.... His replacement Nguyen is good, in and out in 10 minutes. If you love by the galleria I would use him. There is another Nguyen up off 1960, different guy.

There are AME's that are great for quickly getting medicals when there are no complications, but not much else. Problem is as soon as something goes wrong, like the example above with the ekg, they're useless. Either they don't care or have the time or they don't have a direct line to somebody at the FAA. My advice, choose an AME who's a pilot, not too busy with his private practice, does lots of 1st and 2nd classes, and has experience with special issuance. The smallest medical non-event in the regular world is usually a much bigger deal in the flying world. You might be super young and healthy but the stupidest thing can become a headache with medicals, especially if the doctor is not in your corner.

Back