Anybody in JAX between 12/30 and 1/2?

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
So it is looking like WVU is going to the Gator Bowl in JAX and seeing as ATP is looking pretty high on my list right now, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. Is there anybody who will be in Jacksonville between December 30th and January 2nd that wouldn't mind showing me around and answering a few questions that I may come up with? Does ATP have some sort of official tour thing? (I know, I could just call and ask seeing as there are probably a few of you sitting on the phones...) Anyhow, let me know via PM or just respond to this. Thanks.

Ethan

I just toured the Manassas location, a simple phone call down to their headquarters in Jacksonville and a visit was set up. I don't know if I would call it an official tour, nothing group-like about it. I showed up, met with and talked to one of their instructors for a bit, went out and checked out the planes.

I'm pretty much decided that will be where I attend, ATP in Manassas.

What part of WV are you from?

I'm actually from Massachusetts, but I go to school at WVU in Morgantown. Despite the crap that is being talked in Squawk Box (hey, that's what it's for!) WV is a pretty nice place. I guess I'll just give ATP a call during the week some time.

I think we are going to be closed on Jan. 1st, but someone will be here the 29.30,31st of dec. and Jan. 2nd. The best thing is to call the 800 number to schedule a tour.

BobDDuck,
I am in Morgantown too, I trained through Fairmont State College and fly out of the airport in bridgeport. I am working on my instrument now, however I am seriously thinking of attending ATP in JAX as well. Do you fly out of M'town now at all? You'll have to let me know how your visit goes if you go to the gator bowl and tour ATP--

Jonboy.... I actually haven't started flying yet at all (ok, so I have an hour in a 152). The only flying I do out of MGW is on the USAir shuttle up to PIT. I'm a business major at WVU, and I will be done in May and then I hope to go the "zero to hero" route. I've never been down to the airport in Bridgeport. About as much of down there I see is Target at the Meadowbrook mall. I probably will borrow my roomates camera and do what Smoky did when I go through the facilities down in JAX. If I don't remember, somebody remind me and I'll post what I thought of it and some pics. Shooter, when the Gator Bowl gets closer I send you a PM. As of right now I don't know where I'm going to be down there, but once things firm up I'll let you know. The first beer may even be on me (although I don't really drink).

Wow... Ain't it all a small world.

Ethan

Sorry to bump my own post but....

What's the New Year's Eve scene like in JAX? I'm going to be down there and I was wondering where people go/what is there to do? Thanks.

Ethan

Back