anybody have a clark H10-30 headset still?

Only headset I've ever had (~15 years now). Works every time. Don't need anything else, not interested in some interclown's notion that you're a dummyhead if you don't drop a grand on a piece of plastic.

Oh, and I don't recall having any trouble with the mic.

I've been flying with the H10-76 which is a USAF version of the H10-30 for 12 years. I flight tested the Bose Xs and other ANR headsets.

The fact that I my hearing loss was less severe over the 36 months wearing EAR foamies while using an H10 series headset than during then 12 months that I used a Bose X does not make me an idiot, it just shows that the method I find most comfortable also contributes to the least amount of hearing loss I have experienced.

To each their own; make an informed decision and put it behind you. If your are worried about your hearing, take a test and base line your audiology results. Lather, rinse, repeat every six months. If you don't like the losses you are suffering change your protection after consulting you audiologist, AME, and physician.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1094967 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1094967 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid">If your are worried about your hearing, take a test and base line your audiology results. Lather, rinse, repeat every six months. If you don't like the losses you are suffering change your protection after consulting you audiologist, AME, and physician.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:yeahthat:

I have to say, I have been using the H10-13X ANR headset for about 2 years after being a PNR guy and I am really happy....

Anyway, maybe you could contact DC and see what they can do, in my experience and experiences shared by others they are a company very focused on customer service, I am sure they would try to do something for your mic, I would suggest giving them a try and then going on to aftermarket.

Just my .02.

As to the hearing loss- well I took an ATC medical hearing exam and my hearing loss was better than most of the younger non flying guys I saw take the same exam so.... well who knows. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

I have a DC hand me down from my brother who flew GA in the 80s. It has gone back to DC for a workover when I started flying a couple years ago. It is a backup and for my pax. I usually disconnect the mic because the wind noise is so bad. Anyone have a link to the magic muff to stop the noise?

Back