Anybody ever forget a box?

Mavmb

Anyone ever forget a box in a freight compartment or had a package get lost? There is a package left here. Anyone see it?

upload_2016-9-16_17-34-26.jpeg

well if the picture was the same size as the one on my phone instead of gigantic it would have been hard to find.

I see it, I see it.

When I flew freight, I once almost left a whole load (well actually I did leave it). The process/load for my route changed shortly after I started which lead to a little bit of miscommunication and misunderstanding. I originally would leave empty, so I hopped in and left on time. Departure called me and said company wanted me to return because I forgot my load. Needless to say, that was a little strange and embarrassing to hear over the radio. I returned and everything was good to go.

I never did that I know of (knock on wood).

We had a guy land, realize he left freight in the nose, load up and fly two states over back to his original destination to drop it off (like the truck would still be there).

Turned a stern talking to by the CP into certificate action by the Feds for busting operational control.

Once had an envelope bound for DTL on a Saturday make about 15 round-trips between MSP and TVF. The UPS loaders stuffed it in the nose of the 99 in a way that managed to get it half caught in the compartment liner, and their own stupid nightly security sweeps didn't even find it.

We finally found it in Bemidji on an inspection. Some poor guy's Amazon order that he probably paid extra for Saturday delivery on ended up getting to him almost 3 weeks after the fact.

No. I've never flown loose envelopes, though. Envelopes and small boxes were put is larger document bags.

Anyone ever forget a box in a freight compartment or had a package get lost? There is a package left here. Anyone see it?

View attachment 36467
Instantly. Been there, done that... quite a few times.

I've had times where I forgot to unload an entire pod (caravan), because I had three destinations, and they loaded half a pod of the second or third destination in front of a bunch of stuff for the first.

-Fox

I found an envelope just like that one morning, that hadn't been offloaded the night before. Pressed against the wall by other cargo, formed to it, just inside the door and to the left in a PA-31. Ramp was cool about it, they just took it and did their thing, but I'm not sure what that involved. Never heard about it.

Yep, I've done all of it. Fly 1500+ hours 27 minutes at a time often hitting 2 or 3 out stations on one trip and it's bound to happen.

Yep, only once though. On the other hand, I have on numerous occasions been told by the UPS rampers that they got everything unloaded, only to find an entire partition FILLED with cargo. That's the one nice thing about flying passengers I suppose, you don't usually have to tell them to GTFO, they're usually more than happy to get off the plane.

Back