Any word?

Seggy

On if the Skywest Pilots are going to try to unionize under ALPA again in a few months?

On if the Skywest Pilots are going to try to unionize under ALPA again in a few months?

I asked an alpa guy that... and they think no, because the vote failed by a big margin (i think only 30 something % voted?) They were saying that this indicates that skywest is probably not ready for a union at this time and that another drive so soon would be a wasted effort. It's not the same situation like colgan where it failed by a very close margin and then mgmt raped us for a year and half which pretty much guaranteed a yes outcome.

Haven't heard. Seriously doubt it, though.

And ALPA, as much as it wants SKYW, hopefully won't waste another dime trying to woo the pilots. There would have to be a MAJOR change that hits directly at the pocketbooks and QOL of the senior pilots at Skywest for a union to ever have a chance in the current industry climate.

Seriously doubt it.

Not until JA misses the next chance to give them (the SKW lifers) another carrot to chew on.

A union is a sign of poor management. It's up to the SKW guys and gals to make their own decision. No matter how much "informational" campaigning goes on.

There would have to be a MAJOR change that hits directly at the pocketbooks and QOL of the senior pilots at Skywest for a union to ever have a chance in the current industry climate.

I know the senior guys were pretty uniformly anti-ALPA, but at the time of the last vote a third of the pilot group had less than two years with the company. I think the fact that many of these junior guys were from from ALPA carriers (and apparently didn't like their jobs) was a huge factor.

A union is a sign of poor management. It's up to the SKW guys and gals to make their own decision. No matter how much "informational" campaigning goes on.

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying that you think Skywest has good management, or that the pilots were swayed by company propeganda?

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying that you think Skywest has good management, or that the pilots were swayed by company propeganda?

That the SKW pilot group is happy with their management. How they arrived at such a conclusion is not up for me to comment on.

Back