Any suggestions welcomed.

Virusss

Umm i have been thinking very hard and veeeeeery long about going to Flight Saftey academy in vero beach florida. My question is this. I would want to have quite a few material things heres a list

<ul type="square">
[*]tv
[*]vcr
[*]New clothes
[*]Clothes
[*]Car
[*]extra money
[*]maybe even be able to rent a plane on regular basis
[/list]

is it a good idea to get a part time job at vero beach florida while you are working on everything from Pvt. licensec to CFII rating? Can someone tell me what the schedule would be like or should i just forget the working deal all together? will i have enough time to fly and study and have a job to aquire all of these things? or is it better to just study as hard as you can sleep eat fly?

Chunk75 you might have some insight on this since you went there.
p.s. if someone doesnt mind please tell me how your day is like at vero beach florida FSA.

ex. wake up eat school fly come home study go to sleep. and if you have any days of on the weekends.

I sure would like to go to the beach on days off and i sure wouldnt want to use the public bus or walk all the way over there.

FSA is about 4 years away for me what i would like some insight thanks.

Well, your list sounds pretty reasonable, unless the car is a new BMW or something on those lines. If your getting a student loan, it will cover living expenses and a little spending money. You could get a job if you want. The only set schedule is ground school...either 8:00 am to 12:00 or 1:00 to 5:00. The flying is really up to you and your instructor. Renting a plane is no problem but not needed, maybe before a check ride to brush up on a few maneuvers. Some students get a job working a few hours a week at flightsafety. Most don't have a job and that give you plenty of time for the Beach, golf, the gym, the bars, and time to study the night before a checkride. You do have a lot of free time on your hands so a job is possible, but golfing is a smarter choice.

I'm just guessing from reading your post, but it sounds like you are still in High School since most people out on their own already have a TV and a VCR, not to mention a car. It would not be a bad idea to think about college before coming to FSI. Most good flying jobs require a college degree and it would be easier for you to do this when you are young. If you wait until you have large loans from flight training and then try to go to school this can be very difficult, not to mention trying to mix school with your work schedule. This will be less of a concern in the future as more degree programs become available over the internet.

From what I hear your state has an excellent community college network where you can do the first 2 years locally and then transfer to a state school for the last 2 years. This would keep cost down.

[ QUOTE ]
You do have a lot of free time on your hands so a job is possible, but golfing is a smarter choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh.. doesn't that mean you should be studying harder?
tongue.gif

I would think in order to finish in the 9 months you would be living, eating and sleeping flying with maybe enough free time to catch the daily news. That's what I plan to do, that's why I've decided to live on campus, gets rid of the need (and distraction in my case) of a car, and all the other stuff that comes with living on your own.

I figure I'll have plenty of free time while waiting on the instructor list lol
smirk.gif

Oh and to the orginal poster, I suguest getting a low paying job like pizza delivery guy while your at college so you know what life can be like if you don't get your degree! Definatly a motivation to do well I assure you!
grin.gif

Snow, you ever heard of Frenzal Rhomb? My old band toured Australia with them a couple years back. We even did a show in Canberra at the University. Not that I remember much of it...
wink.gif
Frenzal are pretty big fans of the VB and it sorta rubs off on you! After 3 weeks though and one last big hoorah on the Gold Coast, I thought I was going to die. We almost missed our plane back, which wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world... I liked Australia a lot. Even Tasmania.
wink.gif

Dave

Don't get me wrong, I did study...alot. I also had fun, which is just as important so you don't flip out and get all stressed out. I thought it was easier then college, maybe because its what I like??? Plus rushing through the program is another bad idea. Take your time, the industry is at a standstill. So have fun golfing....The beach is fun too..You can only study FAR's so much

I was told once VB was for "blokes that just don't give a f". XXXX seemed a popular choice.

Nothin' quite like the Gold Coast, is there?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just guessing from reading your post, but it sounds like you are still in High School since most people out on their own already have a TV and a VCR, not to mention a car. It would not be a bad idea to think about college before coming to FSI. Most good flying jobs require a college degree and it would be easier for you to do this when you are young. If you wait until you have large loans from flight training and then try to go to school this can be very difficult, not to mention trying to mix school with your work schedule. This will be less of a concern in the future as more degree programs become available over the internet.

From what I hear your state has an excellent community college network where you can do the first 2 years locally and then transfer to a state school for the last 2 years. This would keep cost down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the suggestion anonaman (sorry if i spelled your name wrong) but i am 16 just finished high school this january and started community college full time. 14 untis alltogether. I am smarter then just to ship off to FSA without a bachellors degree thats why i said i have like 4 more years. And yes we have have one of the best college programs almost of all time.
11 dollars per unit. pretty cheap considering my books cost 280 dollars for this semester along
frown.gif

Back