Any Suckers?

[ QUOTE ]

As an enlisted person, I am hoping to do the two of the things I love most:

Above all: Serving my country

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still all "doe eyed" from touring the D-Day museum again in New Orleans yesterday -- just wanted to tell a vet "Thank You".

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still all "doe eyed" from touring the D-Day museum again in New Orleans yesterday -- just wanted to tell a vet "Thank You".

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that museum. Flew MCO-MSY just to see it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I might even go again next week. Not as much for the museum, just for another chance to hang out with vets, ask questions, get answers first-hand and say "thanks" to a group of people that prevented German and/or Japanese from becoming an occupied US's official languagfe.

RAA actual words:

"We have immediate openings that must be filled NOW!"

Run, Forest, Run, fast and far as you can from this scam!

RAA seems to be growing by leaps and bounds out here at IWA. Not sure why from everything I hear about them, but there are a whole bunch of nice looking Warriors and Senecas on their ramp. Now, as to their flying skills? I've heard two of the Senecas be asked to call a phone number in the past 3 weeks. Not a huge vote of confidence there. As far as TAB goes... I don't understand their scam as they don't really have an airline yet to push their students into. Eh, who cares really. Less competition for me when I finally get to my airline interview
tongue.gif

Ethan

Folks,
This is a follow up email I received....Is this any good? (I believe half of what I hear!) Let me know your thoughts. THX.

Thank you for your interest in TAB Express Airline. I hope you received the information tube that we sent you recently. Here a few key points about our program.

1) At TAB Express you will NOT become a flight instructor. Instead we train you directly for a First Officer position on our airline.

2) Most of our instructors here are current or retired airline captains. Most flight schools use recent graduates of their flight program who have very little flight time and NO airline experience.

3) The majority of the training here (Multi-Engine, Instrument and Commercial) are accomplished in the Beechcraft King Air - a pressurized twin-engine turboprop. This logs not only as multi-engine time in your logbook but also as TURBINE time. VERY valuable flight time.

4) We are the only flight training center in the nation that offers a full reimbursement of the training costs with four years of employment. Fly for TAB Express for four years and have the cost of your flight training REFUNDED!

Ricky, we are beginning a new class on March 7 and we are offering a $5,000 signing bonus for all pilots beginning in the March class. We only accept up to 8 people per class. Space is limited. If you are interested please call as soon as possible.

[ QUOTE ]
Folks,
This is a follow up email I received....Is this any good? (I believe half of what I hear!) Let me know your thoughts. THX.

Thank you for your interest in TAB Express Airline. I hope you received the information tube that we sent you recently. Here a few key points about our program.

1) At TAB Express you will NOT become a flight instructor. Instead we train you directly for a First Officer position on our airline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Airline huh? Where do they fly? I've never seen a Tab Express Airliner at a terminal yet

[ QUOTE ]
2) Most of our instructors here are current or retired airline captains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Including the Dir. of Ops who claims to be a retired Delta captain yet mysteriously does not show up on any seniority list.

To be fair, I know of at least one ex airline pilot there - Mohiddin Khwaja, who I flew with at Mesa. Mohiddin is a sharp guy and a good teacher.

[ QUOTE ]
3) The majority of the training here (Multi-Engine, Instrument and Commercial) are accomplished in the Beechcraft King Air - a pressurized twin-engine turboprop. This logs not only as multi-engine time in your logbook but also as TURBINE time. VERY valuable flight time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of flight time may be in king airs, but the majority of the training is in Frasca type simulators.

[ QUOTE ]
4) We are the only flight training center in the nation that offers a full reimbursement of the training costs with four years of employment. Fly for TAB Express for four years and have the cost of your flight training REFUNDED!

[/ QUOTE ]

The longest time I was with any airline was Mesa, and that was nearly five years. In order to take advantage of this offer they have to get the airline started, which as far as I can tell has not yet happened.

The DO is the prime mover behind Gulfstream Airlines and Discover Air (of recent ATA fame) so you definitely want to have a "show me" attitude when you go for an interview. I understand they have a 1900C model on the ramp at Deland but to my knowledge they are not yet operating a scheduled airline.

[ QUOTE ]
Ricky, we are beginning a new class on March 7 and we are offering a $5,000 signing bonus for all pilots beginning in the March class. We only accept up to 8 people per class. Space is limited. If you are interested please call as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

FInd out more about this "signing bonues." I'm very curious.

As with all schools I recommend "caveat emptor." TAB has a bad reputation but what school in FL doesn't? I don't see them any worse than DCA, Phoenix East, Flight Safety or Pan Am. In fact I've developed a healthy respect for Flight Safety in the last few years. Still my favorite pilot factory.

BE VERY VERY CAUTIOUS!!! Mitch seems like he has a lot of heart and is one hell of a salesman. He's a nice guy, too. He seems genuine. The owner, Bob Adamo, is the biggest snake/slease on the planet. The man is a crook. He's no good. He should be in jail. He should not be allowed to run a legit business. He will take your money. He will swindle you out of thousands of dollars. When you question it, he will respond with, "If it doesn't benefit me, I won't help you." That response was given to me. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! Go somewhere else. Don't believe that you will be reimbursed for anything. They will find someway of firing you the day before your contract is up and leave you on the hook for all the money. Take what I said with a grain of salt, but this place is bad news.

John, you're right. They have some very good instructors there, Mo included. He's quite sharp. I was proud to have learned from him and from several others there. I learned a lot from the instructors when I was there. The only beef I have lies with management, specifically, one person.

[ QUOTE ]
I will withhold further comment until I see the airline in operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hard to believe, since you seem to have an opinion on lots of things. Sometimes you're right, sometimes your not, but withholding your comments would be like me winning the lottery

Thanks for your input folks, I think I'll wait and see if the Airline starts flying pax! If anyone hears anything please post the info. THX!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your input folks, I think I'll wait and see if the Airline starts flying pax!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering they've been attempting to get started for quite some time now (more than a year), I wouldn't hold my breathe. At one point there was a LOT of the same people from ATA (particularly the recruiting dept) at TAB, and we saw how well that op turned out. You really don't want to hitch your star to another Discover Air.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will withhold further comment until I see the airline in operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hard to believe, since you seem to have an opinion on lots of things. Sometimes you're right, sometimes your not, but withholding your comments would be like me winning the lottery

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I have opinions but mostly I have facts.
grin.gif

Rule of thumb...

As the saying goes...

"If something is too good to be true, it probably is"

And this my friend (TAB in general) is.

I for one am going to be listening to John before I ever listen to some FBO freshly licensed PP who thinks it's a great deal...

I think I've seen a total of 2 ads for TAB airlines between DeLand and Daytona. Even if they did start hauling people, how are they ever going to earn enough revenue to stay afloat if nobody knows about them (few ads=little exposure=no customers)? I really can't believe anyone would sink that much money into something as shady as this...but unfortunately I know people have.

They just haven't done all their research which includes learning from the members at this site...It's too bad they'll learn the hard way.

Anyone that uses shady marketing of putting other flight schools/training in a negative light like this:

"Most of our instructors here are current or retired airline captains. Most flight schools use recent graduates of their flight program who have very little flight time and NO airline experience ."

is usually out to scam you for every cent you've got. If they have to even mention, let alone put other company's in a negative light... then they don't have enough positive things to say about their own company to bring the students in on their own merit. KWIM?

Back