Any Sierra Academy CFI's out there?...

I'm considering taking a job there and I'd like to know more about the pay, how many hours do we really fly per month? Apparently, we can choose between salary position and hourly. Is the management cool? Just tell me what you know.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of Part 61 schools and clubs are desperate for instructors, and the pay is generally better.

The one that I belong to/work at just lost three veteran full-timers to 121 and part-time 135.

PM me if you want a contact for the club, located at KOAK.

Fixtur

Don't go to Sierra academy. Go fly somewhere in the bay area.

Also, if it means anything. The old owners of my flight school I taught at and Sierra academy were trying to get a deal together. My flight school doesn't exist anymore....

Shows how well they know how to do business...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As others have said, you probably want to run, not walk away. I know a few who have worked there and they have nothing but bad things to say. If Tulsa, OK is a place you want to live, I can get you a job at a busy school that deals with international students that I used to work for. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

They require some dual given don't they? I think they're salaried higher than us at DVT, but they have European contracts I believe?

Depends on the program. EASA and MPL programs have dual given and/or PIC requirements. The FAA programs (Chinese students) will take guys with wet CFI certificates.

Do not walk, do not run. Take a space ship and get as far away from Sierra Academy as you possibly can.
Be the first customer on the new bullet train or HyperTube. They're supposed to run right by that den of iniquity.
BTW (and slightly off topic), where the heck is "Prince" these days? Still skulking about up the road? I'm actually surprised someone hasn't done him physical damage. That fella would feel right at home running a regional methinks.

Be the first customer on the new bullet train or HyperTube. They're supposed to run right by that den of iniquity.
BTW (and slightly off topic), where the heck is "Prince" these days? Still skulking about up the road? I'm actually surprised someone hasn't done him physical damage. That fella would feel right at home running a regional methinks.
Ugh, so so glad we decided to stop doing business with that piece of work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok... If someone physically assaults you on the job, call the police. Not HR (yes... I know that function likely doesn't exist at most places), not the Chief Pilot (who sounds like a good guy stuck in this). Don't take physical action beyond self-defense. There simply is no room for this kind of absolute unprofessionalism in the aviation training space. Then follow-up by filing charges.

Back