Any shutterbugs on the website?

Hey Doug,

What kind of camera are you using?

When shooting through glass you always want to get the lens as close as possible to the glass as you can get it. This prevents getting the window frame in the shot, glares and it keeps your focus on what you are shooting and not the spots on the glass.

If the subject is over 15 feet away or so, a flash is virtually uselss.

My best advice, start off with everything in full auto and adjust the settings as needed. On a cloudy day like that I would have probably went with a shutter speed of between 1/250 to 1/500. Then in photoshop resize to a smaller size, adjust the brightness/contrast as needed, and unsharpen.

Oh yeah, one last thing, did I happen to catch you on the 88 here?

MD-88 landing on RW 16L around 10 AM?

Tim

I use a Nikon Coolpix 885 on the road and I use a Nikon Coolpix 5700 at home/on vacation.

Speaking of cameras ...

I just won my bid for a Canon A-1 body on e-Bay! It's the camera I "learned" on and is widely recognized as a damn good SLR (film). I don't have a lense yet but this way I can spread my cost out a little.

In a couple months I'm gona start burning film again!
cool.gif

Nothing happened Tony, look into the light... *flash!*

I own alot of (film) camera's, it's a hobby of mine but, like aviation I learn something new all the time.

Doug,
As mentioned earlier by someone else, your pictures seem to be suffering from glare off of the glass but not that bad in my opinion. To reduce the glare from the glass you could hold the camera closer to the glass, even touching it with the lens hood or attatch a polarizer to the lens. A polarizer will increase your exposure time and increase the possibility of camera shake but I don't think it will be a factor for bright or cloudy bright conditions. The best solution is hold the camera closer to the glass.

Back