Any recent students?

IslandFlyer

Looks like there hasn't been much talk here on the forums lately about this school. Anyone have any recent 1st hand experience with the exception of "captain"?

I was wondering the same thing. This has been one of the many schools I am considering for training after the new year.

Yeah I just got a pretty vague email response from Carl. The reason it's catching my eye is because theres a cot there for you to sleep on and the commute is much more than walking out your door. (Save money on gas)

Training seems to be somewhat reasonable too. Just not enough info.

Same here. :confused: I've been waiting on a reply from him for a couple of months now on a RW to FW transition. I'm trying to find the best place to utilize my GI Bill as close to TN as possible.

I recently completed my training at Accessible. If you have specific questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them. The one thing I will tell you is to wait until the weather gets cooler. It was murder this summer. It was 115 degrees in the Seneca for my commercial checkride. You can only spend so much time at 5000' before you have to come down.

I recently completed my training at Accessible. If you have specific questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them. The one thing I will tell you is to wait until the weather gets cooler. It was murder this summer. It was 115 degrees in the Seneca for my commercial checkride. You can only spend so much time at 5000' before you have to come down.

Any and all applicable information regarding the school would be much appreciated. I.e. QOL, day to day living, instructors, cost etc.

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah, it was pretty hot down here. Being that I am from WI, I just about melted. The weather is nice now though. It is all a trade-off I guess.

Looks like there hasn't been much talk here on the forums lately about this school. Anyone have any recent 1st hand experience with the exception of "captain"?

I'm a current student...well, kind of. I just returned from a deployment from Iraq. I completed my intrument rating with Accessible back in February. I'm looking to complete my commercial rating after my wife has our thrid child!

If I can be of any assistance, I'd be happy to talk to you.

For what it's worth, I also work at the approach control at Columbus. I could help you if you have any questions about the local ATC procedures.

The controllers at Columbus are the greatest. As soon as they hear the N Numbers, they automatically give you a squawk code and "State your request". Welcome home Ricky!

The controllers at Columbus are the greatest. As soon as they hear the N Numbers, they automatically give you a squawk code and "State your request". Welcome home Ricky!

Wow, what a great compliment! We see N26481, N1390T and N5421K so often, they're programmed into our training simulator. I'm always open to coordinating with Carl to show my fellow pilots around the approach control.

Back