Any of you guys been violated by the FAA?

Drifter

Just wondering what life is like after you recieved your violation. Like how much it is thrown back in your face as far as interviews and such.
Drifter

Did you get violated? Also, the record is expunged after 5 years, but before you answer "No" to the "Ever had an FAA violation?" question, write the FAA for your full airmen record -- the quicklink is under "Pilot Tools" on the main page of the website.

Thanks for the respose. But to answer your question... No I have never been violated but a close friend of mine is going to be. He appealed the violation but it didn't matter to the FAA and is going to be violated anyway. He is really down about it and I just wanted to see what the afterlife of violated aviators was like. The violation is absolutely ridiculous but I don't want to get into that. I assume a violation is a violation.
Drifter

Well the time I was violated by the FAA was in the FAA doctors office; turn and cough; enough said.

smile.gif
smile.gif
blush.gif
smile.gif
blush.gif
smile.gif
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well the time I was violated by the FAA was in the FAA doctors office; turn and cough; enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!

I've never gotten the "cough test" and I've always held a first class med.

The only time I ever got the "cough" test was from a HOT female doctor for my USAF Academy medical screening! Hoo yeah...
smile.gif

I havn't, but I knew a guy who did. He was flying somewhere on the Gulf Coast when he saw an A10 flying off his wing. He thought that it was very cool until he got a certified letter from the FAA a week or so later. It turns out that he had violated a restricted area and the A10 was getting his tail number.

I don't know all the details of the proceedings, but the FAA offered him training in lieu of punishment and he took it. (This was all pre-9-11 BTW.)

Back