Any legal activites that could hamper your career as a pilot?

Snow

'Not a new member'
I was just wondering if say a prospective employeer found out you were a member of the NRA or somthing if they might take that as a reason not to hire you?

I've just recently started target shooting and I wondered if that could put a black mark on your record or somthing?

What about car racing or anything else that they might consider hazzardous?

I skydive and I don't tell any potential employeer of that activity until I've been on the job for a few weeks.

In one of Doug's columns he said not to put anything hazardous on your resume because airlines don't want to hire someone who might be gone in a matter of weeks.

There is nothing wrong with belonging to the NRA or target shooting. However, in order to make your resume appeal to as wide a range of prospective employers as possible, I would simply omit anything that might be controversial (as long as it is not a material omission such a felony conviction).

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with belonging to the NRA or target shooting. However, in order to make your resume appeal to as wide a range of prospective employers as possible, I would simply omit anything that might be controversial (as long as it is not a material omission such a felony conviction).

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck I figured putting on NOW, and NAMBLA would just cross each other out... sorta a wash...

NAMBLA=North American Man-Boy Lover Association. Think that is what is it as least! Dont wanna go look at the web page for verification!!! South Park did a good episode about NAMBLA...thats how I heard about it!

[ QUOTE ]
NAMBLA=North American Man-Boy Lover Association. ...South Park did a good episode about NAMBLA...thats how I heard about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, suuuuure. thats what they all say
smile.gif
:)

dude....NAMBLA stands for the National Marlin Barando Association. Where did you come up with man boy love??
wink.gif

I'd really avoid putting any political, high risk or questionable things on your resume and wouldn't put it anywhere on an application.

Like if you snowboard, I wouldn't mention that. Besides, aren't all snowboarders potheads?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Like if you snowboard, I wouldn't mention that. Besides, aren't all snowboarders potheads?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the skateboarders.

I always omit the snowboarding on resumes. First off everytime I go chances of breaking a limb are high and MOST importantly you don't want to be portrayed as a "pothead." Doug nailed that one right on the head!

Back