Any info on the US AIRWAYS interview process?

skyw82

Does anyone have any of the latest info on the recent us airways interview process? There is not much info out there.

Another class starting next Monday (or maybe today?). 50+ spots open on the latest bid. Interviews are in CLT and in PHX. Mostly HR questions. No sim, no technical.

Another class starting next Monday (or maybe today?). 50+ spots open on the latest bid. Interviews are in CLT and in PHX. Mostly HR questions. No sim, no technical.
I'm reading in certain places there is a technical, has this changed recently? I also have read that you need to wear your airline uniform to the interview. What if your uniform doesn't have a hat or tie, that won't be considered too casual?

I'm reading in certain places there is a technical, has this changed recently? I also have read that you need to wear your airline uniform to the interview. What if your uniform doesn't have a hat or tie, that won't be considered too casual?

No idea about the technical. I doubt it though. As far as wearing a uniform? I don't think so.

I thought you were settled at Virgin now. You trying to move on already?

...hello? Wow. Interesting.

It's not that unusual. Virgin, Hawaiian, Southwest (I think?) and Spirit (I think?) don't have technical sections either. I guess they figure that once you have 5000+ hours you probably are going to know the basics. It's more about whether you are an asshat or not.

No idea about the technical. I doubt it though. As far as wearing a uniform? I don't think so.

I thought you were settled at Virgin now. You trying to move on already?

You know the thing is, I applied there so many times and never heard a thing, then out of the blue they call me. I'm an east coast guy and that's where all my family is. I'm going to interview and try my best, then evaluate what will be best for me and my family. I guess its true, when it rains it pours.

Good call. I'm in the middle of a little rainstorm my self right now so I totally know what you mean. Good luck at the interview.

BobDDuck said:
Good call. I'm in the middle of a little rainstorm my self right now so I totally know what you mean. Good luck at the interview.

I'd call that an understatement.......

You know the thing is, I applied there so many times and never heard a thing, then out of the blue they call me. I'm an east coast guy and that's where all my family is. I'm going to interview and try my best, then evaluate what will be best for me and my family. I guess its true, when it rains it pours.
Sounds good. I'm also an east coaster, but no call from US Air for me.

I spoke with them at the OBAP Convention. They plan to hire for the East side only, which is DCA, CLT, and PHL. Aircraft choices are EMB-190, B737, or A-319/320/321. The female captain I spoke with was a check airman in CLT, and she was definitely excited about the new growth there. The pay isn't as competitive as some of the other majors, but I think once the East/West mentality dies out, it will be a good place to call home.

Once they really start hiring will they have a TPIC requirement? Or is there even one now for that matter?

...hello? Wow. Interesting.​
Yep! This is an HR world now!
It's a pilot world too. But some pilots in the hiring departments are starting to get reasonable, like at Spirit and VA. They realize that the last 5 years have stagnated the regionals. Guys hired at XJT and Pinnacle in 2003-2004 all upgraded in less than 24 months. Some were street Captains. Consider a Comair pilot hired in 2004. Now, in 2012, those XJT/Pinnacle guys are Captains, and that Comair guy is still a FO. Those who went to the regionals in 2007 are mostly FOs, and many have over 5,000-7,000 hrs total time, and no turbine PIC.

TPIC is a requirement they shouldn't put as much weight on as they used to, in this day and age, with the industry stagnation. Most airlines have, including Delta, US Airways (per the last open application window). The only ones hiring right now still requiring it are Fedex and Southwest.

Back