any ideas what this might mean?

triple7

what type of lasers are these? weaponry? something one could see from the ground?

TFR ID 4/0737 Classification LASER Note
Region 1 Upper Altitude 3000 MSL Shape POLYGON Polygon Points
Effective Time 0402021200-0403312359 UTC
Region 2 Upper Altitude 3000 AGL Shape POINT Single Point
Effective Time 0402021200-0403312359 UTC
DE.. LAUREL, DE. LIGHT ACTIVITY WILL BE CONDUCTED AT: OVER THE LANDMASS AREA OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE AND THE DELMARVA PENINSULA, 383000N/0753000W AND THE WATERLOO /ATR/ 226 DEGREE RADIAL AT 23 DME. 0402021200-0403312359 UTC THIS IS A DOWNWARD FACING AIRBORNE LASER. LASER LIGHT BEAM IS INJUR- IOUS TO PILOTS''/PASSENGERS'' EYES BELOW 3000 FEET AMSL AND BELOW, AT 285 FEET BELOW THE AIRCRAFT. FLASH BLINDNESS OR COCKPIT ILLUMINATION MAY OCCUR BEYOND THESE DISTANCES. THE LEESBURG /DCA/ AFSS, TELEPHONE 703-779-4604, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FCILITY. WIE UNTIL UFN

TFR ID 4/0733 Classification LASER Note
Region 1 Upper Altitude 24000 MSL Shape POINT Single Point
Effective Time INTERMITTENTLY 24 HRS PER DAY TIL 0403010500 UTC
VA.. LASER LIGHT ACTIVITY HAMPTON, VA. AT THE NASA LANGLEY RESEARCH CENTER, ADJACENT TO THE LANGLEY AFB, HAMPTON, VA. AT 24,000 FEET AMSL, 370622N/0762234W, THE NORFOLK VORTAC /ORF/ 323 DEGREE RADIAL AT 015.1 NAUTICAL MILES; INTERMITTENTLY 24 HRS PER DAY TIL 0403010500 UTC. THIS IS A VERTICAL LASER. LASER LIGHT BEAM MAY BE INJURIOUS TO PILOTS''/ PASSENGERS'' EYES AT 24,000 FEET AMSL VERTICAL OF THE LIGHT SOURCE. FLASH BLINDNESS OR COCKPIT ILLUMINATION MAY OCCUR BEYOND THESE DISTANCES. THE NORFOLK CONTROL TOWER, PHONE 757-460-0692, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY. WIE UNTIL UFN

Sounds like one of those laser light shows at an amusement park.

EDIT: I take that back. That's what the first one sounds like, but who knows what they're doing at Langley.
tongue.gif

EDIT 2: I'm dumb. I should read those less quickly. Don't mind me.
wink.gif

*walks away whistling*

I know the AF is working on an airborne laser (mounted on the nose of a 747) capable of downing incoming missiles ... maybe that's what it is or related in some way.

In any event some one is playing with a awfully big flashlight in the area!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know the AF is working on an airborne laser (mounted on the nose of a 747) capable of downing incoming missiles ... maybe that's what it is or related in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing this administration, it just may be the beginning research of a tractor beam....
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing this administration, it just may be the beginning research of a tractor beam....
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well won't the Death Star .. err "moon base" need one?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear they're giving the Navy sharks with frickin laser beams.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well won't the Death Star .. err "moon base" need one?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

using these "lazers" we will punch a hole in the protectice earth covering called the "ozone" layer. slowly but surely ultra violent rays will poor in, increasing the risk of skin cancer,that is of course unless they pay me one million dollars!......

for those of you who havent seen the movie, im not off my rocker, thats a quote from austin powers.

[ QUOTE ]
for those of you who havent seen the movie, im not off my rocker, thats a quote from austin powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that part out...its much more dramatic...
tongue.gif

-Cpt. Seth

Back