Any former tobacco users??

Attachments

• IMG_0052.GIF
    IMG_0052.GIF
    954.4 KB · Views: 225
Update:

I can say I have not chewed since last year! I know, that's only nine days but I quit on the 29th so that is about 11 days tobacco free. It feels different this time, the normal triggers are still there but ignoring them has become much easier. Using nicorette gum but hopefully after a month or so I can back off of that as well.

I have successfully quit smoking! At home. And in the car. Still can't break it at work without going absolutely insane. But I'd say the amount I smoke is about a 1/4 of what it was. The roughest part is I quit when we went to Denver for a week and went that first week without even thinking about a smoke until we got back home.

I quit smoking 12 years ago, while I was going through a divorce and taking full custody of my kids. It was one of the easier things I was doing at the time, and just about the only positive thing. Cold turkey and never looked back. I can't believe I was ever dumb enough to smoke.

Now I run marathons. Ran 180 miles in January. Exercise is a much better addiction!

Quit smoking after 15 years and picked up the dip habit. I swear to god it’s more addicting than cigarettes! Trying to cut back, but long flights and boredom get the best of me. Especially now being back in the schoolhouse for 14 days is not gonna make it better. Good luck to everyone fighting the good fight.

Derek

I saw this old thread and wanted to hear how y'all are doing.
I quit smoking and went trucking 25 years ago.
Good news is my teeth quit falling out, bad news is I gained 75 lbs.
During this Quarantine, the stress may be too much for some, but I wouldn't smoke again if they were free.

I think the easiest way to quit smoking is when you have some big goal that occupies all your thoughts. I got it when I was passionate about home design. I just forgot about running around smoking every hour earlier.

I quit dip......30 days of varying levels of annoyance, momentary rage over nothing, etc. After that it was pretty smooth. Quit cold turkey after trying for months to gradually do it. Felt a ton better even a week or two later, aside from aforementioned effects. It's a terrible habit. Worth the minor annoyance.

I never believed myself capable of quitting, until Bronchitis turned into Pneumonia where I considered death a relief.
Got over it, but remembered the thought of accepting death!
Quit in less than a second in 92 and never rewarded my efforts with a cig.

Going for round 27 of quitting here soon. I’ll be in Turkey for 3 weeks and hope to go mostly cold turkey, no pun intended. I don’t smoke around my daughter and will be with her the whole time so that will hopefully help. I will be wearing the patch to help out at least on the flight.

Quit smoking 2 months ago just a few days after my 45th birthday. Started when I was 14. Many failed attempts but finally got it.
Good for you - I quit when my son was born about 10 years ago. I don’t regret it at all, though to this day I periodically dream about cigarettes.

after 6 months it really gets a lot easier.

Good for you - I quit when my son was born about 10 years ago. I don’t regret it at all, though to this day I periodically dream about cigarettes.

after 6 months it really gets a lot easier.
It was a royal pain with all those failed attempts, especially when you have done it for 31 years.

Back