Any Feeders getting hit yet?

Boots2Wings

Just happy to be here.
Anybodys shop out there being hit by the hysteria that is COVID? Particularly curious how the feeders are doing. I understand the long haul guys probably got the shaft, but there is not a large amount of information how us smaller guys do during times like these. So far our shop hasn't cut anything, and it is business as usual since where we fly is currently “low risk”. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Anybodys shop out there being hit by the hysteria that is COVID? Particularly curious how the feeders are doing. I understand the long haul guys probably got the shaft, but there is not a large amount of information how us smaller guys do during times like these. So far our shop hasn't cut anything, and it is business as usual since where we fly is currently “low risk”. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Freight rates are through the roof. Long haul guys are doing just fine.

Martinaire doing ok looking to bring more pilots on.

Appearently we have been swamped with a ton of resumes lately....from “super over qualified” pilots. Hope things smooth out up there for those guys.

Millions of people trying to avoid going out as much as possible. Online shopping is probably breaking records.

with social distancing and a wife that loves her iPad I could take messages for the amazon delivery guy as much as we see him.

Appearently we have been swamped with a ton of resumes lately....from “super over qualified” pilots. Hope things smooth out up there for those guys.
Whatever you do don’t hire any of them. Once everything bounces back they will leave your company without a care in the world. Those less desirable companies that no one really wanted to work for or just random smaller operators are like the rebound chick/dude after a breakup.

Eh even if i was in a position to hire them, which im not, I absolutely would. I know theyd leave, and company be out for training cost and what not, but im not one to watch people suffer knowing that it can very easily have been me.

This is why im probably not in a position to hire people haha

Whatever you do don’t hire any of them. Once everything bounces back they will leave your company without a care in the world. Those less desirable companies that no one really wanted to work for or just random smaller operators are like the rebound chick/dude after a breakup.

Even better, let's all remember this guy's screen name for the future when he's looking to move on.

Even better, let's all remember this guy's screen name for the future when he's looking to move on.

His mindset is justified from a economic standpoint, so you cant fault the guy. Mine is strictly humanistic (or at least largely), which if left to its own devices, rarely a successful business does make.

My CP told me when i got hired, he expected me to move on eventually, and thats fine, just do your job as best as you can while your here. Id like to think thats the happy middleground, becides training cost for something like a 99 is relatively low. So worst case they fly for you for 3-5 months and you recoup.

Now is not the time for pitchforks gypsy...who knows who will be sitting left seat when Amazon goes belly up or UPS shuts for corona....could be bumping shoulders with him, asking to pass the salt at the soup kitchen

His mindset is justified from a economic standpoint, so you cant fault the guy. Mine is strictly humanistic (or at least largely), which if left to its own devices, rarely a successful business does make.

My CP told me when i got hired, he expected me to move on eventually, and thats fine, just do your job as best as you can while your here. Id like to think thats the happy middleground, becides training cost for something like a 99 is relatively low. So worst case they fly for you for 3-5 months and you recoup.

Now is not the time for pitchforks gypsy...who knows who will be sitting left seat when Amazon goes belly up or UPS shuts for corona....could be bumping shoulders with him, asking to pass the salt at the soup kitchen

That's my point man. Don't come on here saying BS like "Don't hire him". That's an absolutely awful thing to say, and no it is not justified from an economic standpoint.

This is my third major downturn in aviation. It sucks, it's scary, and absolutely ANY of us could lose our jobs. I've flown in almost all segments of professional aviation, and have had friends lose their jobs in all of them. Now is not the time to be a jerk and say "Don't hire airline guys!". Because ANY of us could be looking for help in a few weeks and you don't want to have that rep and karma going against you.

I only said what I said because I was employed by a well known 135 before the 08 ordeal. The company took on so many pilots life was good. Then almost as soon as it happened they all left mostly airline. My qol as with the remaining pilots went down the toilet and it was difficult. I have zero tolerance for people who want to use certain companies with no intention of staying around and leaving with zero to one week notice of leaving. So I stand by my post. It’s no big deal if these laid off guys want a stable job and stick around for a year or so and leave a proper notice so the company has enough time to replace them.

We are doing fine at the moment. We have a couple off temporary weekend runs on the ATR and Caravan for humanitarian/medical supplies and such as well now.

But other than that things seem to be as normal. Us “floaters” at my company now have to drive to our runs for the week instead of positive space airline tickets.....so that sucks. That’s about all though.

I only said what I said because I was employed by a well known 135 before the 08 ordeal. The company took on so many pilots life was good. Then almost as soon as it happened they all left mostly airline. My qol as with the remaining pilots went down the toilet and it was difficult. I have zero tolerance for people who want to use certain companies with no intention of staying around and leaving with zero to one week notice of leaving. So I stand by my post. It’s no big deal if these laid off guys want a stable job and stick around for a year or so and leave a proper notice so the company has enough time to replace them.
Two weeks is considered proper notice, and don’t think for a second that companies haven’t or won’t lay off employees at the drop of a hat if it means their own survival.

Back