Any Dulles Commuters?

I have 6000 hours in the -200 I don't think there has ever been a single time I have ever not been able to take a jumpseater. A couple times it might have been close but we worked around it. Last week I barely made it into a PSA jumpseat, they had an alternate but from the looks of the fuel load the DX planned WAY too much fuel to be reasonable. I did get on, so I'm happy, but it was really close, like a few pounds the other way for rounding and I would've been left behind.

My commute is on only RJ's (CRJ and ERJ) and I sit up front every now and then, knock on wood honestly I haven't had issues. I certainly wouldn't NOT go to DC because of it. My experience with the other DC airport is good, typically if there is wx they will ground stop it but they are very quick to recover unlike the NYC airports. I can imagine IAD being similar, every time I have been there it's been fairly quiet.

Also brings up the point, worst case go to DCA and take the train/super shuttle over, it's not very expensive and gives you a good second option. Depending on how you hit it, takes about another hour or 1.5.

im trying to go to cle. I will have a crap line but i can drive home from it afterwards. I dont know how you did this DTW-EWR commute for so long. its wearing me thin. and don't have a trip end on Saturday you will be stuck in EWR.
I typed in "Ann Arbor to Cleveland OH" in Google maps and it's 2:30 drive. I would be all over that. Driving is 10x better than commuting even at that distance IMO, as long as you can hold 4 day trips. If you are driving that on reserve that would get old quick IMO. Lots and lots of $$ on gas.

I typed in "Ann Arbor to Cleveland OH" in Google maps and it's 2:30 drive. I would be all over that. Driving is 10x better than commuting even at that distance IMO, as long as you can hold 4 day trips. If you are driving that on reserve that would get old quick IMO. Lots and lots of $$ on gas.
Been doing the drive to reserve for a while now. Driving from New Boston (South of Romulus - DTW) to Hopkins I give myself 3 hours to the crewroom. I've done the drive in 1:58 to the employee lot, but that took some luck. Obeying the speed limit will be closer to 2:20. Our long call is only 2 hours, so I'm driving regardless. For me, there is no difference between driving to a line, and driving to ride the couch. It should be easy to find a really inexpensive crashpad or hotel for the nights you stay in CLE. I limit myself to doing the drive once a week, and I drive approx. 300 miles a week, almost all highway, so great mileage. My brother drives to work across town, and he drives 400-500 miles a week.

one problem with pinndeavor right now is our ops puts bizarre amounts of fuel on board and we cant get ahold of anyone to change it. Personally i feel like some crews dont care anymore but as those guys leave thecompany or left seat i would think captains would be more proactive.

pretty much all we have out of CLE would be 4 day trips. I tried in our last bid to get there. company and union kind of screwed me over. and I am just a bit south of Jtrain for me its a 2:15 minute drive door to parking lot. On a GOOD day it takes me 4 hours to get to EWR.

im trying to go to cle. I will have a crap line but i can drive home from it afterwards. I dont know how you did this DTW-EWR commute for so long. its wearing me thin. and don't have a trip end on Saturday you will be stuck in EWR.

EWR is a cake commute compared to ORD, and before that I commuted from SLC to EWR with two flights per day.

Can you sit reserve in CLE at your place? I'm a little too far away here.

EWR is a cake commute compared to ORD, and before that I commuted from SLC to EWR with two flights per day.

Can you sit reserve in CLE at your place? I'm a little too far away here.
Right now i will have a line still in CLE. A buddy from newhire is still there. Feb might be long call though.

Back