Any CTI Grads?

FutureATCer

I know we are few and far between. But, if there are any around to help me out on this question I would greatly appreciate it.

I should be getting recommended to the FAA tomorrow by my CTI school. My question is how long it takes from the recommendation until you get the "job code" needed to apply for the CTI announcement on ASAP. My hope is that I can apply to the one on ASAP now before it closes on 8/26.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I am a CTI grad. I recieved the code to apply the same day my school sent over the reccomendation. I think you should have no problem applying for the 8/26 announcment. The FAA will send an email to the email your school has on file for you. You can also contact the FAA CTI rep after your school reccomends you and they will give you the passcode.

That makes me feel a lot better. From all the bad things I hear about the FAA I figured it would take them at least a month to send me that code and by that time the announcement would be closed.

But thanks for the info. That's one less thing I have to worry about.

My school botched it for the May CTI. We all graduated 5/5.. plenty of time to get the recommendation in before the 5/30 deadline. My friend made some calls, the FAA got our recommendations 6/3. I had a friend who got an email for the job code and he gave it to me so I applied anyway even though I never got an email. They must have reviewed my application the day my recommendation came in or shortly after because I was on a referral list 6/5. BTW they haven't changed the Job Code since they started handling CTI through ASAP.. Make sure your school sends it and you should be good. If it gets close to closing date find someone you graduated with that got the email

It actually is a lot better then last year grads. If you graduated from Riddle like me make sure you request your rec from Alice powers. I got my code to apply two weeks after im rec was sent. I applied on may 19th two weeks after graduation. Was put on the referral for FL (I only picked one state). Found out in the middle of June that I was selected for a terminal position in FL. After about a week after that I the option to attend the PEPC in NYC on July 10th. Found out then that I was choosen for daytona ATCT/TRACON. Was given a tenative ckass date if seo 2nd, 4months after graudation and I am basically set to goo, thats really good!!!

It actually is a lot better then last year grads. If you graduated from Riddle like me make sure you request your rec from Alice powers. I got my code to apply two weeks after im rec was sent. I applied on may 19th two weeks after graduation. Was put on the referral for FL (I only picked one state). Found out in the middle of June that I was selected for a terminal position in FL. After about a week after that I the option to attend the PEPC in NYC on July 10th. Found out then that I was choosen for daytona ATCT/TRACON. Was given a tenative ckass date if seo 2nd, 4months after graudation and I am basically set to goo, thats really good!!!

This guy got it right... march right into that COA building and get that rec right from Ms. Powers---- but watch out for Dr. Snow and Fontaine!!!!!

It all depends on where your going, you may wait a couple of months to a year

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University CTI students with that fancy Eagle Card waiting a month? That is unheard of.....

ohh wait.... many of them are still at regional airlines waiting.

Thats why you don't leave Power's office till she gets you a rec, unless of course, Dr. Johnson comes by.

Back