Any Alpha Aviators out there?

USMC-SSGT

Looking at possibly sending in an app to Alpha pretty soon.
Here is what I know-
The payscale
The schedule
The equipment
The bases

What I am looking to know is with the 7 on schedule say being based in PSM are you typically gone from day one until day 7 away from base or are there times you return to base for a few hours and then continue a trip or possibly a few days where you do not even have a trip but are just on call. I dont mind being gone 7 days but living 6 miles from PSM even a few hours off could be a great break to enjoy lunch with the wife and head out again.

Upgrades are advertised at around 8 months to a year. I am sure this may change a bit with the current industry but it also says you are considered after 1500TT. I would be applying with around 1700 or so TT and would probably (if hired) start closer to 2000TT. Have you been finding that upgrades have been falling into that 8-12 month range?

Perdiem: What do you typically average for hours of perdiem during a 7 day trip? I figured 6 full days at 24 hours so 144 per trip or so. Is this a realistic number?

Pay, I thought I read somewhere that you get a pay raise at 6 months and then at a year but can not recall if that was for all or if that was for Captain upgrade along with the 5k bonus.

Resumes: I have called HR twice but got voicemail on both accounts. I would prefer to speak to someone in person as opposed to the less personal voicemail. Would you reccomend I just drive there resume in hand or is there an email or address I should send it in to?

That pretty much covers it for now, thanks for your help.

Are you a member over at ProPilotWorld? I think there are a few guys over there that fly for Alpha.

I am not. I was recently told by a coworker to join but cant bring myself to pay money for a forum.

I am not. I was recently told by a coworker to join but cant bring myself to pay money for a forum.

I was the same way, but trust me, totally worth it. More information and contacts there than you can imagine...especially if you're looking to get into the corporate world.

Good call JDE. I just spend the 10 bucks (3 weeks worth of pay from CJC) and already found some good stuff. Not all that I was looking for but I posted the same thread there and have some hope for a few good responses.

Back