Another "which regional should I choose" thread....

@BobDDuck , sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Typically the new hire FO's will hold a line in 1-3 months right now. I had to bypass 3 upgrade classes for lack of 121 time. I start upgrade on Dec 1st, which for me was 15 months from date of hire. Guys with former 121 time are upgrading much faster. March 2014 hire as of now.

Deliveries of 900's continue at 3 per month starting in January. Each plane adds about 4 lines. You will hold a line fastest in Dayton, Knoxville next, then Charlotte. Holding a line opens up the SAP for you, however things have gotten a little more difficult to manipulate as more pilots understand the process. Scheduling has also made most pairings 4 day trips, so trading a 4 day for a day trip is hard to find anymore. I never once credited minimum, I have always been over guarantee. Some months as high as 140 hours credit.

Use that info how ever you like. I won't say come here or not, the decision is yours alone.

Commuting sucks. One leggers can be hard enough; with two legs you'll likely be spending your days off getting to and from work, and after 6 days away from home the last thing you want to do is fly home on your days off. At least with a one leg you can potentially bid commutable trips on both ends. If I were you Id go to PSA.
I can't stress this enough. A 2 leg commute is brutal and stressful. One leg is bad enough.

Wondering whether you are going to be able to catch the next flight home or if you can get a seat can be very stressful. An extra leg complicates that exponentially. On a two leg commute your last flight home for the day leaves hours earlier, doubles the stress of getting a seat or the jump, and you run the risk of getting stuck out of base and your crashpad and not at home. No thanks.

I could sit pretty senior in one of our bases and probably hold a pretty ok line but it would be a 2 leg commute. Not a chance. I'll take a one leg commute to a junior reserve schedule without hesitation.

So erj and Chicago is low on reserve list. Sweet I know where I would want to go then

Erj right now is 0 reserve due to staffing. That will change with time. On the CRJ ord and MSP are two very Jr bases. MSP line from day 1, ord probably from day 1 depending on your seniority within your class.

Sorry meant upgrading off of reserve not to cpt

19789999.jpg

Skywest upgrade is really 12 + months... when did they tell you this?

Most Line Pilots say "get a line" or "get off reserve" or "senior enough to bid a line". Upgrade has multiple definitions, but isn't typically used when referring to being awarded a line. It isn't really an upgrade, anyway, because at most companies, anyone can get reserve if the bid conditions lead to it.

Where did you hear this? I had a SkyWest check airman tell me it's currently 5-6 years with it probably dropping to 4 years in the next couple years.
I got a little excited when I saw that. Their exceptionally long upgrade is what's keeping me from committing myself to going there if offered. I've got an interview set up for next week.

There is no way that PDT is going to PHX. It sounds like it will be it's current bases and support flying out of CLT.

Back