Another Union Question

highspeed

Any one know if there is a union for ground staff agents? Theres unions for pilots, and flight attendants and AMTs, but I havn't heard of any for ground staff--or are they a part of the AFL CIO?

I believe some airline groundworkers are union. Not sure which airlines though. As far as the AFL-CIO, all it is is a umbrella organization of many unions. The Teamsters, Steelworkers, and most unions are a part of it.

I saw all the union groups, ALPA, AFA, and others, but didn't see any spec. for ground staff--maybe the laborors union would be the one?

There are unions for ground staff workers. I think American has the Teamsters and SWA has something else.

The TWU (Transport Workers Union) represents the Eagle gate agents. I don't know anything about their organization, they also represent Eagle's rampers.

Were AA's FA's AFA?

Whoah. Now if that isn't a sentence that only airline people would understand, I wouldn't know what is!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Were AA's FA's AFA?

Whoah. Now if that isn't a sentence that only airline people would understand, I wouldn't know what is!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, and I understood every word (letter?) of it!

AA's flight attendants are represented by an independant in-house union, the APFA (Association of Professional Flight Attendants). We are not AFL-CIO affiliated. Want to learn more ?

Eagle's flight attendants are AFA (Association of Flight Attendants). They are the ALPA of the flight attendant world, they represent most United States airlines flight attendants. NWA is or was Teamsters, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe some airline groundworkers are union. Not sure which airlines though. As far as the AFL-CIO, all it is is a umbrella organization of many unions. The Teamsters, Steelworkers, and most unions are a part of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Teamsters kicked out of the AFL-CIO?

Ethan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Teamsters kicked out of the AFL-CIO?

Ethan

[/ QUOTE ]

They were years ago (in the 50's I think) but have been back in since the late 80's or early 90's.

Back