Another "Hello Ladies and Gents"

Gonzorox

Another \"Hello Ladies and Gents\"

I guess I am the second one of the day!! Seems like a popular field these days!! But a big "HELLO" to everyone!!

I'm a 100 hour private and 30 year old career changer... I was pretty set on a particular Florida school to bring me up through the ratings and hours, but after visiting the schools and ESPECIALLY reading the posts here at JC... I have pretty much made up my mind!! Not enrolled yet, but steering toward Ari Ben... Any neg/pos much appreciated---yes I have read all the posts going back to 2000!!!

Also, thanks Doug... this is a GREAT site!! You got a ton of people, all excited about aviation here with ya!!

Neil

Re: Another \"Hello Ladies and Gents\"

Welcome.

There's no gentlemen here.

...only Bush with a cigar...

Actually, welcome! I hope you find this site as informative as all of us do.

Baaaston eh. Run across Cliff and Norm at the bar lately?
grin.gif

WELCOME

[ QUOTE ]

Baaaston eh. Run across Cliff and Norm at the bar lately?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It's things like that that give Boston such a bad name. They're not ALL drunks up there.
tongue.gif

Ethan

Hey Clarence, welcome from another newbie! Or, rather, aged lurker, infant poster ...

Say, who's that guitarist in your avatar? I was thinking perhaps James Hetfield, but then remembered he doesn't play Les Paul's (or PRS ...?), and the stage isn't big enough.

[ QUOTE ]
Or, rather, aged lurker, infant poster ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh good one
grin.gif

Hey Thanks a lot guys! I am REALLY looking forward to my new life in aviation!

Ethan-I moonlight as a bartender here in beantown so to me everyone here is Norm and Cliff!!

And Aviator 737 I guess I'll take it as a compliment, but the avatar is me. I see so many pics with people in cockpits... all mine are pics of me getting tangled up and trying to fold sectionals in flight.

Thanks again guys-I look forward to the wealth of information (and opinions
tongue.gif
)!!

[ QUOTE ]
I see so many pics with people in cockpits... all mine are pics of me getting tangled up and trying to fold sectionals in flight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, you need to take the "Pilot's Advanced Course in Mapfolding".
grin.gif

Welcome!

If you don't mind me askin, what kind of guitar is that? Doesn't look too much like a PRS to me.

That's because it's not a PRS!! That is indeed a Les Paul. It's one of the discontinued Goth series. It's a great guitar-the only piece of equipment I'm not going to sell to fund my training!

I play that through a 50 watt Marshall... you may also see some of my future posts on the aeromedical portion of JC about "hearing loss and 1st class medical"!!!!
grin.gif

Neil

Of course, Les Paul ... shoulda known. Not that it couldn't have been a PRS ... (PRS Guitar)

Too many cockpit avatars?

<-----
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's because it's not a PRS!! That is indeed a Les Paul. It's one of the discontinued Goth series. It's a great guitar-the only piece of equipment I'm not going to sell to fund my training!

I play that through a 50 watt Marshall... you may also see some of my future posts on the aeromedical portion of JC about "hearing loss and 1st class medical"!!!!
grin.gif

Neil

[/ QUOTE ] so what kind of music do you play then? it looks like your playing in a band in a bar somewhere?

Yes it coulda been a PRS... they have some mighty fine models... and if memory serves me correctly, they do have those archtops on them similar to the LP's.

We're hard-rock a lot like Godsmack and that kind o music... It's definitely a soft spot because we had so much fun doing it, for so long, and now it's all coming to an end. Bittersweet for me, because I'm moving into the aviation field(which I enjoy MUCH more), but leaving all the craziness and debauchery of rock and roll!!!

The pic was at a club here in Boston not too long ago...

Neil

Okay, since it's there, I"m going to take it.

Do we have clearance, Clarence?

Back