Another DUMB pilot.

Grumpy01

Don't you think it's time pilots learned a few things. Like talking on the radio.
mad.gif

(12/28/03) WOODBURY - Nassau County's Aviation Unit intercepted a small plane that flew into LaGuardia's airspace without permission. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) officials say it happened just before 2 p.m. Sunday.
The craft, a Mooney M20C,allegedly entered the airport's space and didn't respond to air traffic controllers before landing at Republic Airport.

An FAA spokesman says authorities are investigating reports that the plane circled the Statue of Liberty.

Wasn't there also that other pilot that flew into the Washington ADIZ without a flight plan intercepted by military jets not too long ago?

Gotta wonder how some of these people plan their flights....

NY class B and C infractions happen ALL the time. You have many different types of airspace stacked on top of each other.

The Class B airspace areas of JFK, LGA, and Newark all form one big Classs B area. Then you have Farmingdale sitting right under class B (1500) and class C is only about 15 miles outside of tat at ISP

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't there also that other pilot that flew into the Washington ADIZ without a flight plan intercepted by military jets not too long ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was flying over the DC metroplex area the other day and listened in on 121.5 when an Army BlackHawk Helicopter intercepted a stray cessna. The Army guy instructed the pilot to land at Richmond DC and supplied him with a phone number to call upon landing, they wouldn't permit the guy to continue onto his destination of Beuford. I don't know if this had any thing to do with the fact that the pilot's first lanquage was not English but sounded an awful lot like arabic or something of that nature.

It is very easy to dance into the ADIZ around DC without knowing it. And I'll bet that a lot of people screw up by cancelling IFR when they are in the ADIZ and then squawking 1200.

One guy at the airport I used to fly out of, after being released to the CTAF, squawked 1200. He did a straight in landing, so he wasn't squawking 1200 for more than a minute.

When he got down on the ground, he had to call Potomac Tracon and was told that if he ever did that again, he was losing his ticket.

Yeah, I dont have any desire to fly around THAT area of the country right now.... I like my ticket where it is.

The Mooney was probably on a 20 mile straight in final for some FRG or HPN or something like that. Every Mooney pilot I know at my airport seems to favor the 20 mile finals.

[ QUOTE ]
NY class B and C infractions happen ALL the time. You have many different types of airspace stacked on top of each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I have flown the Hudson River many times...with a difference of 100 feet, you can easily plant yourself in one of the three puddles of mud(aka class B airspaces)
grin.gif

Back