Another Crash!

G

What is up with these crashes that are happening so often? South Florida is also on a roll. Another crash just occured at noon today and it was fatal too. Here is the link, there is also a video:
www.sunsentinel.com

Too bad the Sun-Sentinel's crack IT team hasn't figured out that a 72x72 pixel graphic is great for a thumbnail... but that's about it...

This is going to drive the public's confidence in GA right up!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad the Sun-Sentinel's crack IT team hasn't figured out that a 72x72 pixel graphic is great for a thumbnail... but that's about it...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup - and too bad they're seemingly hiring GRADESCHOOLERS to write their articles!!

Check out this direct quote from the article:

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">"The identities of the dead people in the plane were not immediately known." </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lovely.

What is a Piper Geronimo? I know the Apache and the Aztec but not the Geronimo. Is it a PA-23-xxx?

[ QUOTE ]
What is a Piper Geronimo? I know the Apache and the Aztec but not the Geronimo. Is it a PA-23-xxx?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Geronimo is a powered-up Apache with 180hp O-360s.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A Geronimo is a powered-up Apache with 180hp O-360s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup plus it's had some aftermarket airframe mods applied to it. Squared tail, clam-shell gear doors, dorsal fin, new tighter cowls, extended nose, speed one-piece windsheield, etc.

Really make the Apache into a nice airplane. Think of it as a "poor-man's" Aztec.

Oh yeah .... there it is. "Palm Beach County Park." They should just call it on the sectional what it will be referred to on the radio. Pilots not familiar with the area can have trouble. Like Titusville being called "Space Coast."

Back