Andrews AFB Mission Planner

JTF

Hello, all.

I run a mission planning shop at Andrews AFB (89th Airlift Wing) and am looking to immediately fill a contractor mission planner position vacancy. The job mostly entails airfield suitability research, Jeppesen flight planning, and diplomatic clearance messaging/follow-up.

The work environment is fast-paced, w/ short-notice, multiple changes, and high OPSEC. A secret clearance is required. Being able to work well with others in a fast-paced climate is also important.

This position is advertised here: https://v2.projectix.com/tybrin/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*12D5A3356FF61BCB

I can't discuss salary or benefits, as this is a Tybrin position. But I can say that it is a great place to work, and an interesting, high visibility mission.

Thanks for your interest in advance.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am interested in getting some more information about this job. Do you have a more extensive job description than what is posted on the link provided?

Thanks,

Brian

Hello, all.

I run a mission planning shop at Andrews AFB (89th Airlift Wing) and am looking to immediately fill a contractor mission planner position vacancy. The job mostly entails airfield suitability research, Jeppesen flight planning, and diplomatic clearance messaging/follow-up.

The work environment is fast-paced, w/ short-notice, multiple changes, and high OPSEC. A secret clearance is required. Being able to work well with others in a fast-paced climate is also important.

This position is advertised here: https://v2.projectix.com/tybrin/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*12D5A3356FF61BCB

I can't discuss salary or benefits, as this is a Tybrin position. But I can say that it is a great place to work, and an interesting, high visibility mission.

Thanks for your interest in advance.

Joe

Joe,

Sounds like a dispatching job. I'm finishing dispatcher school tomarrow. I don't have an IT degree but I do have a Business degree. I also separated from active duty last month. Will these requirements suffice?

Hi Joe,

I am interested in getting some more information about this job. Do you have a more extensive job description than what is posted on the link provided?

Thanks,

Brian

Joe,

Sounds like a dispatching job. I'm finishing dispatcher school tomarrow. I don't have an IT degree but I do have a Business degree. I also separated from active duty last month. Will these requirements suffice?

It's different from a dispatcher in that we are not under FAA rules, though it's great if you have that training or background. Our planners prepare missions and coordinate the diplomatic clearances, flight planning, etc. and work mission changes with the pilots while missions are out, but they don't dispatch. When I get into work tomorrow, I'll send you both a more detailed description of what our planners do. Thank you both for your replies.

Joe

Back